Drakensberg Accommodation is offered with a variety of options including mountain rest camps, hotels, holiday resorts, farms, self catering chalets & camp sites. All situated in the 200-kilometre-long mountainous wonderland.
It forms part of the Ukhahlamba Drakensberg Park, a world heritage site.
It is a vast area and it is easier to find accommodation per specific region.
Northern Drakensberg Accommodation
* Northern Drakensberg Accommodation - all accommodation options in the Northern Drakensberg
* Bergville Accommodation - the nearest town to the Northern Drakensberg
* Thendele camp within the Royal Natal Park
The Northern Drakensberg areas have some of the most beautiful scenery that can be imagined. It is the closest to Johannesburg and Pretoria and the area comprise mainly of the Royal Natal National Park, Amphitheatre Valley and Mount-Aux-Source.
Central Drakensberg Accommodation
* Central Drakensberg Accommodation - all accommodation options in the Central Drakensberg.
* Accommodation options inside the park:
- Giants Castle
The Central Drakensberg offers the visitor some wonderful scenery and a number of accommodation options within the park.
The Champagne Valley and Cathedral Peak areas are popular tourist destinations.
* Southern Drakensberg Accommodation - all accommodation options in the Southern Drakensberg
* nature reserves of:
* the towns of:
- Himeville Accommodation
- Underberg Accommodation
The Southern Drakensberg lies a bit off the beaten tourist track and is not very well known.
A wonderful circular trail leads through the Lotheni Reserve, but the tourist highlight of the southern Drakensberg is the Sani Pass Hotel & Leisure Resorts.