Pretoriuskop Restcamp - Kruger Park
is situated in the south-western part of the Kruger National Park only 9 km from Numbi Gate. The camp lies in a hilly region with many interesting, picturesque rocky outcrops and granite hills.
The impressive granite dome known as Shabeni Hill is not far from the Pretoriuskop Restcamp - Kruger Park, which is found in the south-western corner of the Kruger National Park.
It is immediately apparent to any visitor that Pretoriuskop is unique as brilliant red trees adorn the camp, pre-dating the decision to make exclusive use of indigenous plants in laying out rest camp gardens.
Nostalgia prompted an exception to the rule for Pretoriuskop Restcamp - Kruger Park, the Kruger National Park's oldest rest camp, and exotic flowering plants were allowed to stay, enhancing the strong sense of the past that is so pervasive.
Southeastwards runs the original transport riders route, and several historic places, such as the Voortrekker road, the birthplace of Jock of the Bushveld and the Albasini ruins are within a short drive from the camp.
The first tourist hut in the park, the Wolhuter, is found in this camp. 5 Things to Seek at Pretoriuskop Restcamp - Kruger Park:
Brown-headed ParrotAccommodation at Pretoriuskop Restcamp - Kruger Park
Accommodation at Pretoriuskop Rest Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements.
Choose anything from luxury, self catering, caravanning or camping accommodation for your stay in the wilderness.View Room Types & Rates for Pretoriuskop Restcamp - Kruger ParkImportant Notice
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees
which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations
of National Parks before making a booking.Please Note:
there are no late entry permits into Kruger National Park due to the strict security surrounding the poaching of Rhinos.Facilities at Pretoriuskop Restcamp - Kruger Park
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Post Box
- No ATM facility available
- Filling Station
- Communal Kitchens
- Communal Ablutions
- Swimming Pool
- Cutlery and Plates Hampers (from Reception)
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- Day Visitors Picnic Area in camp
- DSTV (limited channels) only available in Guest Houses
- Cellphone receptionKruger Park Access Information:
It is important to read more about the upgrade on the access control system
for the Kruger National Park.Regulations when Exiting the Park:
In order to improve overall controls some changes have been made to the check-out process at camps in the Kruger National Park and your assistance and co-operation is kindly requested in this regard.
Guests are reminded that only guests with valid exit permits
will be allowed to exit the park. For day visitors these are issued upon entry at gates and for overnight guests these are issued by the last camp on the guest itinerary.Gate hours
January - March: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)
April - September: 06:00, 18:00 (Camp gates open 06:00
October: 05:30, 18:00 (Camp gates open 05:30)
November - December: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)
- Bush braai (barbecue)
- Bush breakfast
- Camp Walk (Sable Trail)
- Wilderness Trails (Napi Wilderness Trail)
- Guided Bush Walks (Morning and Afternoon)
- Game Drives (Night and Day)
- Wildlife Films
In addition to the full cancellation of a reservation, any amendment to an existing reservation, which results in the value of the revised reservation being less than the original value, could result in cancellation fees being levied, according to the following schedule:
- No cancellation fees will be incurred for cancellations or changes 46 days or more prior to arrival;
- Cancellations fees of 50% of the total reservation is payable for cancellations and changes received between 45 and 30 days prior to arrival;
- A 100% cancellation fee is payable for cancellations received within 29 days of arrival;
- A 100% cancellation fee is payable for non-arrivals (no-shows).
If the arrival date of the itinerary is postponed prior to or on date of arrival and then cancelled at a later stage, the fees that applied at the time of amendment will be enforced if the amount is greater than the new cancellation fees.
Modification and cancellation charges may be levied on any other reservations amended or cancelled online, irrespective of the channel through which the reservations were originally made, and subject to the terms and conditions.
- Conservation levy is always excluded from the booking amount and needs to be settled on arrival.