Olifants Restcamp - Kruger Park
is situated on rocky cliffs overlooking the Olifants River and surroundings, affording probably the most relaxed view from terraces and windows than from any other camp in the Kruger.
Wildlife is prolific in the dense riverine vegetation below, and sunset and dawn offers spectacular scenic beauty at Olifants Restcamp - Kruger Park.
There is also a lookout point next to the camp that offers stunning views. Olifants Restcamp - Kruger Park is a modern, well-designed camp. It is about 82 km from the Phalaborwa Gate.
The interesting formations of the Lebombo mountains and the variation in the vegetation give the camp its exceptional character. Fever trees, wild fig and tree euphorbias may be sighted along the river drive.
This scenic drive follows the Olifants and the Letaba Rivers and game such as elephant, zebra, impala, warthog and kudu are common sights en route, with a variety of other species in the surrounds.
At the Riverview resting point the breathtaking immensity of river and emerald veld unfolds to the east and west. 5 Things to Seek at Olifants Restcamp - Kruger Park
• Nile Crocodile
• Martial EagleFacilities at Olifants Restcamp - Kruger Park
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Post Box
- Restaurant (see notice below)
- Conference Facilities
- No ATM facility available
- Filling Station
- Communal Kitchens
- Cutlery and Plates Hampers (from Reception)
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- Day Visitors Picnic Area in camp with gas braais (barbeques) for rent
- DSTV (limited channels) only available in Guest Houses and in TV hall
- Cellphone receptionAccommodation at Olifants Restcamp - Kruger Park
Accommodation at Olifants Rest Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements and is well suited for those Guests who are looking for a self-catering bushveld experience.Bungalows at Olifants Restcamp - Kruger Park
• 105 x 2, 3 or 4-bed units, with en-suite ablutions and all units with air-conditioning. Some units have kitchenettes while others have communal kitchens. Some are located on the perimeter edge with a wonderful vista of the river below.
• 3 x 4-bed units (2 single beds in each bedroom), equipped with two bathrooms (one en-suite), air-conditioning, lounge/dining area, large veranda and outside braai (barbeque) area. The open air kitchen has a cooker plate and no microwave oven, dining room/lounge and outside braai facility, fridge/freezer combination, sink, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. More over you have a choice of with or without riverside view.Guest Houses at Olifants Restcamp - Kruger Park
• These are large luxury units in prime positions, both with spectacular river view and several lookout decks. There are well-equipped kitchens (with microwave ovens), multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV televisions are provided.
Nshawu: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
Lebombo: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms (1 queen size bed and 2 single beds in the other rooms) Important Notice
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees
which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations
of National Parks before making a booking.Kruger Park Access Information:
It is important to read more about the upgrade on the access control system
for the Kruger National Park.
Guests are reminded that only guests with valid exit permits
will be allowed to exit the park. For day visitors these are issued upon entry at gates and for overnight guests these are issued by the last camp on the guest itinerary.Regulations when Exiting the Park:
In order to improve overall controls some changes have been made to the check-out process at camps in the Kruger National Park and your assistance and co-operation is kindly requested in this regard.Gate hours
January - March: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)
April - September: 06:00, 18:00 (Camp gates open 06:00
October: 05:30, 18:00 (Camp gates open 05:30)
November - December: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)
Good place, good meat and wine at the restaurant. Clean room good beds and pleasant swimming pool. Unfortunately we did not see a lot of animals from the camp but plenty by driving through the park even with our car.
Friendly staff! grateful view from our hut to the river. And we loved the park and the lots of animals. Also a very kind guide on drive on the 19th. Unfortunately closed restaurant and the small bar on the viewpoint had not really good food. Sorry, but the omelette with filling of ketchup is a no go. See you again for sure.
Great experience n well maintained camp facilities. Many thanks we will be back.
Place very wonderful and the safari by night was very good. Thank you!
Tsakane company's key focus has always been to provide quality walking safaris and wilderness experiences. Our growth has been as a result of addressing our Guests needs.
per person sharing
Balule Restcamp is an exclusive, camp with a unique style and atmosphere providing the opportunity for tourists to enjoy complete privacy.