Lower Sabie Restcamp is some 35 km from Crocodile Bridge, situated on the banks of the game-rich Sabie River in the southern part of the Kruger National Park, with excellent sundowner viewing.
With its large lawns and shade trees this camp is a very popular family destination.
Due to the abundant foliage and waterholes in the area, game abounds here. There are various excellent drives in this area, especially the one flanking the river’s south bank, and lions are quite common in this area, usually under trees and bushes in the heat of the day, but early morning and late afternoon drives should lead to to various sightings.
A small dam situated only about 1 km from the camp often hosts crocodile, hippo and various species of birds. Facilities at Lower Sabie Restcamp - Kruger Park
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Post Box
- No ATM facility available
- Filling Station
- Communal Kitchens
- Communal Ablutions
- Swimming Pool
- Cutlery and Plates Hampers (from Reception)
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- Separate Day Visitors Picnic Area on periphery of camp
- Eco Information Centre
- DSTV (limited coverage) only in Guest House
- Cellphone receptionAccommodation at Lower Sabie Restcamp - Kruger Park
• 34 x tent or caravan sites, with power point. Communal ablutions and cooking facilities. (24-hour boiling water, electric hotplates and washing up facilities) Maximum of 6 persons per site.
• 1, 2, 3 or 5-bed units (4 x 1-bed huts and 24 x multi-bed huts) with communal ablutions and communal kitchen. The units have fridges and air-conditioning but there are no cooking utensils, crockery or cutlery. A communal kitchen with scullery and electric stoves is available.
• 24 x 2-bed permanent furnished canvas tents on stilts, (some accessible to wheelchairs), fully equipped, with 2 single beds, a fridge, overhead fan and small veranda. You have a choice of with or without river view. Please confirm when booking.
• 58 x 2 bed units, (one accessible to wheelchairs), equipped with ablutions (most with showers, but one with a bath), fridge and with air-conditioning. There are no cooking utensils, crockery or cutlery, but a communal kitchen with scullery and electric stoves is available. You have a choice of with or without perimeter view. Please confirm when booking.
• 2 x 3-bed units, fully equipped with en-suite bathroom (1 with shower and one with a bath), kitchenette, fridge and with air-conditioning.
• 2 x 5-bed units (2 separate bedrooms, one with 2 single beds and one with 3 single beds), fully equipped with a kitchenette and en-suite bathrooms. Located in budget accommodation area of camp, but with private braai area.
• This is a large luxury unit in prime position, with river view. It is well-equipped with kitchen, multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV television is provided. (No microwave oven)
Keartland: Sleeps 6, with 3 bedrooms, (2 beds in each room)Important Notice
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees
which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations
of National Parks before making a booking.Kruger Park Access Information:
It is important to read more about the upgrade on the access control system
for the Kruger National Park.Regulations when Exiting the Park:
In order to improve overall controls some changes have been made to the check-out process at camps in the Kruger National Park and your assistance and co-operation is kindly requested in this regard.
Guests are reminded that only guests with valid exit permits
will be allowed to exit the park. For day visitors these are issued upon entry at gates and for overnight guests these are issued by the last camp on the guest itinerary.Gate hours
January - March: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)
April - September: 06:00, 18:00 (Camp gates open 06:00
October: 05:30, 18:00 (Camp gates open 05:30)
November - December: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)Lower Sabie Restcamp - Kruger Park Activities:
• Guided Bush Walks
• Game Drives
(Night and Day)
• Bush Breakfast and Bush Braai (Barbecue). Includes game drive to venue. Confirm availability when booking.
• Sunset Dam (1 km from camp)
• Nthandanyati Bird Hide (approximately 11 km from camp)