“Biyamiti” is a Shangaan word meaning a fence of sharpened wooden spears.
On the banks of the Mbiyamiti river, hidden by Delagoa thickets, nestles one of the most beautiful bushveld camps in the Kruger National Park, Biyamiti Bushveld Camp - Kruger Park.
5 Things to Seek
- Wild Dog
- White Tailed Mongoose
- Orange Breasted Bush Shrike
Accommodation at Biyamiti Bushveld Camp - Kruger Park:
10 x 2-Bedroom units. Both bedrooms have ceiling fans; one has 3 single beds, and the other 2 single beds. One bedroom has a bathroom en-suite (bath, toilet, and washbasin) and there is a separate toilet, shower and washbasin. The kitchen has a gas stove (with oven), fridge/freezer combination, sink, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. An open veranda serves as both dining room and lounge.
5 x 1-Bedroom units. The bedroom contains two single beds and has a ceiling fan. There are two bench-beds in the living room with a ceiling fan. The bathroom has a bath, shower, toilet and washbasin and inter-leading doors to the bedroom and living room. Meals can be taken on the open veranda. The kitchen has a two-plate electric stove (without oven), sink, fridge / freezer combination, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery.
Accommodation at Biyamiti Bushveld Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements and is well suited for those Guests who are looking for a self-catering bushveld experience.
The camp is ideally situated between huge Wild Fig and Jackalberry trees with vast numbers of other fauna and flora species in abundance. The area is a game spotters dream come true.
Facilities at Biyamiti Bushveld Camp - Kruger Park
- Information at Reception
- Public telephone
- Basic First Aid assistance
- Electricity (plug points) for appliances in units
- Mini Shop at reception stocks basic items such as firewood, ice and Telkom phone cards and there are no foodstuffs such as meat available.
- No ATM facility available.
- Each accommodation unit has it’s own braai (barbecue) facilities
The Big 5 is present, including Black Rhino, for which this area is well known. There is also the chance of seeing the elusive Cheetah, or a pack of Wild Dog.
Solar panels generate electricity for lights and fans only. Refrigerators do not have freezing compartments, but a communal freezer is available in the camp.
The nearest shop, which provides only basic necessities, is at Crocodile Bridge Restcamp.
Fuel is available at all three restcamps, but not at the bushcamp. Units are serviced and bedding, towels and soap are provided. Night drives are offered.
Kruger Park Access Information:
It is important to read more about the upgrade on the access control system for the Kruger National Park.
Regulations when Exiting the Park:
In order to improve overall controls some changes have been made to the check-out process at camps in the Kruger National Park and your assistance and co-operation is kindly requested in this regard.
Guests are reminded that only guests with valid exit permits will be allowed to exit the park. For day visitors these are issued upon entry at gates and for overnight guests these are issued by the last camp on the guest itinerary.
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations of National Parks before making a booking.
Cottage (NCO2+2): 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, 2 bench beds in lounge, Fan, Kitchen, No restaurant facilities available in this camp, No smoking, No view, Not recommended for 4 Adults, WC and shower.
Cottage (NCO2+2V): 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, 2 bench beds in lounge, Fan, Kitchen, No restaurant facilities available in this camp, No smoking, Not recommended for 4 Adults, View, WC and bath.
Guest Cottage (NGC5): 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, 1 bedroom with 3 single beds, Fan, Kitchen, No restaurant facilities available in this camp, No smoking, No view, WC and bath, WC and shower.
Guest Cottage (NGC5V): 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, 1 bedroom with 3 single beds, Fan, Kitchen, No restaurant facilities available in this camp, No smoking, View, WC and bath, WC and shower.
- No cancellation fee will be incurred for cancellations made after payment of first deposit up to and including 46 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total reservation cost is payable in a case of cancellation made between 45 days and 30 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total reservation cost is payable in a case of a cancellation made between 29 days prior to and date of arrival
- 100% of the total cost for any non-arrival/no-shows
Reservation made within 45 days prior to arrival is payable within 24 hours from the day reservation is made.
- Conservation levy is always excluded from the booking amount and needs to be settled on arrival.
It is your responsibility to check if the reservation is correct. Should the reservation be incorrect, please contact our office immediately.
If the arrival date of the itinerary is postponed prior to or on date of arrival and then cancelled at a later stage, the fees that applied at the time of amendment will be enforced if the amount is greater than the new cancellation fees.
Cancelling or downgrading of a reservation 45 days prior to or on arrival will result in cancellation fees according to a sliding scale (based on the total reservation cost) which varies between 50% and 100%.
Should the reservation not be taken up on the arrival date the accommodation will be held until 09:00 the following day after which the reservation will be cancelled and the deposit, where applicable, forfeited.