Situated 45 km north of Letaba Restcamp, on the eastern bank of the Pioneer Dam lies Mopani Restcamp. The nearest gate is the Phalaborwa Gate - 74 km away.
Scenic drives along the Letaba river towards Letaba Camp and Engelhard Dam are pretty rewarding. Facilities at Mopani Restcamp - Kruger Park
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone (Phone cards on sale at Reception, Airtime available in the Shop)
- Post Box
- Conference Facilities
- Ladies Bar
- Swimming Pool
- Mini ATM facility available in the restaurant
- Filling Station
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- Day Visitors Picnic Area in camp
- DSTV (limited channels) only available in Guest House
- TV in the Bar (DSTV with limited channels)
- Car wash
- Cellphone reception
In addition the camp has a new conference facility which can house 21, 30 and 45 people respectively (all cinema style) or one large venue which can house 150 people. All venues include screens and full audio visual aids.Accommodation at Mopani Restcamp - Kruger Park
Accommodation units have been built from natural materials such as rough stone, wood and thatching grass and blend in beautifully with the environment.
• 41 x 4-bed units (2 single beds and 2 bunk beds in alcove), fully equipped with one bathroom, veranda with kitchenette and outside braai (barbecue).
• 2 x 4-bed units, accessible to wheelchairs, (2 single beds and 2 bunk beds in alcove), fully equipped with one bathroom, veranda with kitchenette and outside braai (barbecue).
- 12 x 4 bed units (1 room with 2 single beds and 2 sleeper couches in the lounge), fully equipped with two bathrooms (one en-suite), veranda with kitchenette and outside braai.
- 43 x 6 bed units (3 bedrooms with 2 single beds in each), fully equipped with two bathrooms (one en-suite) kitchen, lounge/dining area, large veranda and outside braai.
This is a large luxury unit in prime position with a view of the dam. It is well-equipped with kitchen (with microwave oven), multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV television is provided. Sleeping cottages are loose standing from the lounge/dining area. There are also braai (barbecue) facilities.
Xanatseni: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms, (1 room with a double bed, with 2 single beds each in the other rooms). One of the bedrooms is accessible to people in wheelchairs. Shipandani Overnight Hide
"Escape to the wild"
Shipandane Sleepover Hide, situated approximately 3 km south of Mopani on the Tsendze River, is a unique accommodation facility where guests can feel part of the nature. A bird hide by day, it transforms into a primitive overnight dwelling by night, where a select few can experience the Kruger National Park nightlife first hand. Large buffalo herds and many elephant bulls frequent the area meters away from where you are sleeping. This is your chance to experience Africa in its truest form.
Shipandani Hide is equipped with:
- 6 BEDS
- Check-in at Mopani at least 1h before gate closes
- Occupation between gate closing and gate opening t
- Provide own wood/charcoal, water and bedding
- WC only, NO bath or showerImportant Notice
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees
which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations
of National Parks before making a booking.Activities
• Guided Bush Walks
• Game Drives
(in the company of trained field guides)
• Bush Breakfast and Bush Braai (Barbecue). Includes game drive to venue. Confirm availability when booking.
• Sunset Boma Drive
• In camp trail walk
• Shipandane sleep-over Bird Hide (located 3 km outside the camp)
• Tropic of Capricorn: (located 12 km north of the camp)
• Pioneer Dam Bird Hide (located 4 km outside the camp)
• Wildlife films (shown daily at reception during office hours)
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception.Gate Times
For Gate times please see Gate TimesConference Centre
There are breakaway rooms and a main hall at the Mopani Conference Centre. The Main Hall seats from 118 to 300 people (depending on the type of seating) with 3 Breakaway Rooms.
Equipment include Data Projectors in each of the rooms, Fixed Overhead Screen in each of the rooms, PA System for the main hall, Handheld microphones or lapel microphones, Overhead Projector & stand (only one available), Flipchart / Whiteboards, 1 x pen and 1 x writing pad / delegate.Regulations when Exiting the Park:
In order to improve overall controls some changes have been made to the check-out process at camps in the Kruger National Park and your assistance and co-operation is kindly requested in this regard.
Guests are reminded that only guests with valid exit permits
will be allowed to exit the park. For day visitors these are issued upon entry at gates and for overnight guests these are issued by the last camp on the guest itinerary.Gate hours
January - March: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)
April - September: 06:00, 18:00 (Camp gates open 06:00
October: 05:30, 18:00 (Camp gates open 05:30)
November - December: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)
Mopani Restcamp was a easy place to stop while traveling through Kruger. We really liked the outdoor kitchen and porch. The bungalows were simple, but clean. The main problem was that the staff was unfriendly. The restaurant was pleasant, situated on the dam where hippos and birds could be seen, and the food was good. But the restaurant seemed under staffed and was confusing. But, all and all, a convenient and clean place to stop.
One of the best camps in Kruger Park. Cleaner and better maintained than most of the others.
Great camp, beautiful location, good accommodations. Service at the restaurant was poor though.