Du Bois Lodge is a delightful thatched Lodge with comfortable accommodation situated in the 3000 ha Marloth Game Park adjoining the Kruger National Park on the southern border (Crocodile River).
About 15 minutes drive from the Crocodile Bridge Entrance Gate there is easy access to the KNP although the Reserve itself is home to a wide variety of game and you can enjoy the sight of many of these roaming around the Lodge!
* The Reserve has a shop stocking groceries, firewood & charcoal, ice, curios & which also provides freshly baked bread & rolls daily.
* A Shell Fuel station caters for both petrol & diesel vehicles.
* A bottle store
* Information centre
* Small nursery
* Should you not want to cater for yourself, you can enjoy a pub lunch or a meal at one of the Reserve’s Restaurants.
* Enjoy a braai around the fire at night while listening to the sounds of the bush - a lion’s roar or hyena call & the grunting of hippo in the river
* There is a Lookout Point overlooking the Crocodile River & Kruger National Park, which is a great spot to watch the sunset from at the end of the day
* Lionspruit is a game reserve home to most animals other than elephant. It is located within the Reserve (an entrance fee is payable)!
* Airport transfers are available to & from the Lodge.
There are 5 en-suite air-conditioned rooms with bedding & towels.
All functions as self catering with communal kitchen which is fully equipped.
Du Bois Lodge Activities:
* Full day drives in a microbus or open-safari vehicle.
* A 3 hour morning game / bush walk in Kruger accompanied by armed rangers
* Night Drives
* Guided tours through breathtaking beauty of rock formations, picturesque waterfalls, landscapes and magnificent views of the Blyde River Canyon & Bourke’s Luck Potholes situated in the Lowveld Escarpment (Mpumalanga Province) & take a walk back in time in Pilgrims Rest.
* Close enough to Swaziland, Mocambique & the Panorama for day trips
* Visit the world’s oldest caves
* For the sport-orientated, an impressive 18 hole golf course nearby
* Tennis, volleyball & a swimming pool can all be enjoyed at the Club House (an entrance fee is payable).
Du Bois Lodge Map:
Everyone was friendly and the room and the kitchen clean and tidy. We just stayed one night and will recommend the place and we will again use it in the future.
Rating: Reviewed by Rosemarie Steyn over a year ago
If you want to relax - choose this place.
Rating: Reviewed by Ewa Hyra over a year ago
We loved the animals and the peaceful, private and well maintained lodge.
Rating: Reviewed by Ans van de Ven over a year ago
Good, clean and in excellent location. We loved the place, nothing fancy but at a fair price.
Rating: Reviewed by Eran Birk over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Du Bois Lodge:
Accommodation options within 8km from Du Bois Lodge include:
This newly built self-catering cottage is nestled in the unspoilt bush of the Marloth Park Conservancy which is a wildlife sanctuary and holiday town were wild animals roam freely. Marloth is located on the banks of the Crocodile River.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
A beautiful thatched lodge situated in the quiet township of Marloth park, where animals roam around freely between the houses. We are 16km from the Crocodile Bridge Entrance into the Kruger National park. Within 700 m walking distance to the river.
Wildsbokkie is a large self catering holiday home and sleeps up to 18 people. We are situated in Marloth Park bordering the Kruger National Park. It features 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, a large dining room, Lapa, 5 lockup carports and a swimming pool.
At Mvuradona you are guaranteed to experience the peace and tranquility of the bushveld. Your stay with us will leave you relaxed, well rested and filled with memories of an unforgettable wild life experience.
per person sharing
Luxury Kruger Escape is a beautiful chalet nestled among the bush of Marloth Park. The area boast many species of wild animal that spend time roaming through the houses making this the perfect place to experience a safari experience.