Bloubergstrand, known for its iconic view of Table Mountain, is a quiet residential suburb about 30 minutes’ drive from the Cape Town city centre.
The attraction of Bloubergstrand lies in its white sandy beaches which offers a spectacular view of both Table Mountain and Cape Town. Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, can also be seen from the beach.
Bloubergstrand is popular for water sports like surfing, kite surfing and stand up paddle boarding. However, many other activities can be enjoyed in the area:
• Hiking in the Koeberg Nature Reserve with views of its pristine strandveld, dune veld and a 2km walk along the beach. The walk is most spectacular in spring when the wild flowers along the route are in
• The first Saturday of every month welcomes the Melkbosstrand Food Fair Market in Melkbosstrand
• Day tours can be taken to the Cape Winelands, Table Mountain & Cape Point, townships and for whale watching and flowers along the West Coast (seasonal)
• Birding is popular at Rietvlei Nature Reserve where you can view some endemic species from the bird hide.
• Golf at Atlantic Beach Golf Club
• Ratanga Junction theme park is a short drive from Bloubergstrand and keeps the kids entertained for hours. (Only open during the school holidays)
• The South African Air Force Museum at Ysterplaat is the second largest military aviation museum in South Africa. Twice annually the museum puts an exhilarating air show well worth attending.
• Bloubergstrand offers you a range and variety of accommodation options.
Spend your next break next to the cool waters and the white sandy beaches of Bloubergstrand.