Bloubergstrand is a quiet residential suburb about 30 minutes’ drive from the Cape Town city centre and about 30 minutes from Cape Town’s International Airport. Its main attraction lies in the white sandy beaches from which the view of Table Mountain and the city of Cape Town is quite spectacular.
Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, can also be seen quite clearly from the beach at Bloubergstrand.
It is a mecca for popular water sports like surfing, kite surfing and stand up paddle boarding, but ideally situated for activities such as:
• Hiking in the Koeberg Nature Reserve with views of its pristine strandveld, dune veld and a 2km walk along the beach.
• Visiting Ratanga Junction theme park
• The South African Air Force Museum at Ysterplaat.
• Car racing at Killarney Race Track
• The Melkbosch Food Fair Market in Melkbosstrand every 1st Saturday of the month
• Day trips to the Cape Winelands, Cape Point and Cape Town city.
• Birding at Rietvlei Nature Reserve where you can view some endemic species from the bird hide.
• Golf at Atlantic Beach Golf Club