Only 80 km from Durban on the beautiful Dolphin Coast lies the magnificent Nature Conservancy of Zinkwazi - a unique coastal eco-experience of endless golden beaches and tropical palms, lush indigenous forests with spectacular bird life, and 7 kilometers of untouched lagoon.
At Zinkwazi we try to let you experience the magic of our unique environment as closely as possible. You are constantly surrounded by the amazing bird song of the tropical forest, the tranquility of a great variety of palms along the calm waters of the magnificent lagoon, the constant roar of the Indian Ocean surf in the background.
Our balmy, subtropical climate encourages an open air, `alfresco` lifestyle.
Choose your accommodation from:
* Zinkwazi Lagoon Lodge - up-market rooms and suites & sophisticated dining
* Zinkwazi Lagoon Chalets - selfcatering in fully equipped chalets
* A tranquil natural environment inviting to relax on site amongst the luxuriant subtropical vegetation and beautiful scenery
* On site a la carte Raffia Restaurant (& Take Away) licensed, Sundeck, Isifonya Pub, Boma.
* Conference and catering facilities
* Private frontage on Zinkwazi lagoon with jetty, slip way, boat hire
* `Fish Eagle` cruises on Zinkwazi Lagoon (subject to water level)
* Full recreational facilities including hall with darts, table tennis, video games, library, tennis, swimming pool, volleyball and playground with trampoline.
* 500 meters from protected beach across the lagoon (700 meters by village road)
* Free ferry boat rides to beach (subject to water level)
* On site laundromat - full laundry service available
* Security patrolled premises with gate control
* Shop close by for daily necessities
All 17 rooms and suites are scattered in the extensive grounds amongst tropical trees and palms. Many have lovely lagoon views.
All rooms come with double or twin beds and en-suite bathrooms. They are equipped with ceiling fans, TV`s and covered patios, and are designed to maximise the outdoor experience. Our private suites and family lodges also have their own lounges and at least 2 en-suite bedrooms.
All meals are served a la carte at the Raffia dining room or by choice on the open sundeck. We specialise in fresh fish dishes and spicy local curries. Special theme evenings are organised in the tropical Boma, surrounded by palms, whilst sundowners are enjoyed at the elevated Isifonya Pub & Sundeck, overlooking a wetland and the lagoon.
Zinkwazi Lagoon Lodge also caters for small conferences, tour groups and special interest activities . Chalets
The 4 Palm Style Chalets have 3 bedrooms (1 x double and 4 x single beds), microwave, patio-braai area, ceiling fans, lagoon views. The chalets are maintained to the highest standards, are fully equipped for self-catering purposes and are serviced.
Standard equipment includes full bedding and towels, crockery and cooking utensils, 5 Channel TV, electric stove, fridge, putside fireplace, deck chairs and a covered patio.
Zinkwazi Lagoon Lodge Activities:
* Catch the ferry to the protected beach or join a cruise on the lagoon aboard the Fish Eagle. The ferry is also used for upriver bird spotting, 'wine tasting' and just pleasant cruising.(subject to water level)
* Indulge in some breathtaking bird spotting or simply relax under the tropical palms.
* For golf enthusiasts there are a host of courses to choose from.
* Birdwatchers can explore numerous hotspots.
* For the energetic there are nature trails and boating.
* Zinkwazi is close to Zululand’s wealth of splendid game reserves, tribal life and historical sites and all that metropolitan Durban has to offer.
* Tthere are 7kms of lagoon to explore by pedal boat or canoe.
* Launching permits and moorings are available for your own boat - jetskis not welcome.
Click to display the map
The Boat house is a small cottage right on the lagoon. Suitable for 1 family, sleeps 6 in total, no more. Great views of sea and lagoon. Direct lagoon and beach access.
Small second cottage on property with direct beach and lagoon access. Suitable for 1 family, sleeps 5. Partial lagoon views. Cannot launch boat off property, but can moor boat on lagoon during the day.
Beach front beach cottage with direct beach access. Older cottage in good condition, excellently located. Sleeps 10. No sea view but easy beach access and short walk to lagoon. Property is fenced and gated from road, with an alarm system.
Large older beach cottage, across the road from the beach and lagoon. Ideal house for lots of teenagers. Great views of sea and lagoon. Access to beach and lagoon only via main beach entrance, or via lagoon, both about 15 min walk.
Large beach cottage right on the lagoon with great lagoon and sea views. Older house, well maintained in excellent condition. Sleeps 12. Direct lagoon and beach access.
per unit, Max: 10