York House B&B Activities: Pubs & Restaurants
- We are situated 1 km from the centre of Hillcrest Town, where a wide selection of restaurants and pubs are located. A choice from Portuguese, Italian, Keg & Trout, Olive & Oil, Station Masters Arms, and many more to choose from.
Real Ale Breweries
- For those who enjoy the fuller flavour of traditionally brewed beer. There are 3 Real Ale Breweries in the area. Robson’s Brewery in Shongweni, The Standeavan Brewery in Alverstone, Assagay, & The Porcupine Brewery in Botha’s Hill. All within 15 minutes drive from York House.
Heritage Supper Theatre
– The Heritage Supper Theatre for live music and entertaining shows. Booking essential.
Valley of 100 Hills Tourist Route
- including PheZulu Cultural Village and crocodile farm. The Saturday morning Shongweni Market is the largest market in Durban. You can find Organic Meats and Vegetables, Breads, Cheese, Plants, Flowers, Seedlings, Books, Clothing, Furniture, Arts & Crafts. Also a variety of breakfasts from Mediterranean Falafal to English Bacon & Egg.
Excellent Birdwatching and Walking Trails
- Kranzkloof Nature Reserve was proclaimed in 1950 and covers an area of approximately 584 hectares. Key Species – Knysna Turaco, African Emerald Cuckoo, Narina Trogon, GreenTwinspot and African Crowned Eagle.
And many more.
York House B&B Map:
Renowned for its restaurants, cafe bars, shopping centers and golf courses. It's this ease with which simplicity and sophistication converse, that give Valley Lodge its charm.
Branley Lodge is situated in a quiet residential area of Hillcrest, close to restaurants, shops, golf courses and fishing, with easy acess to both the N3 Toll Road and M13 Highway.
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Fawncastle Guest House is a Three Star establishment which offers accommodation in Hillcrest, Kwazulu-Natal - ideal for wedding guests, professionally run, friendly and clean.
per person sharing
Conveniently situated in the village of Hillcrest just 20 minutes from Durban with easy access to both N3 and M13 motorways. A must for the discerning business person or for the couple who just want a break from normal routine.
Six double rooms 2 self catering cottages. Gracious thatched home the accent is comfort and warm hospitality. Beautifully appointed en-suite bedrooms.
per person sharing