Yellow House is situated on the edge of the beautiful and quaint Karoo town, Prince Albert. The property is one of the historical ‘dorpsplase’ (town farms) with a street address and and easy walk or cycle from the town’s centre.
Here you will find a myriad of art galleries, eateries, antique shops and our very interesting museum. We grow almond and citrus trees, as well as pomegranates and figs and guests are encouraged to wander around on this working farm and enjoy the seasons against the background of the magnificent Swartberg Mountains.
Facilities and Services:
Accommodation is offered in 4 comfortable self-catering cottages, each with it’s own private stoep overlooking an aspect of the farm, be it the garden, the orchard or the mountains. We supply good coffee, tea, milk and sugar home-baked rusks, your first night’s firewood, soap and mozzie repellant.
- Free Parking
- Braai area
- ID/Passport is required at check-in
- The credit card used for the online deposit must be present at check-in
- Pets are allowed in Lavender Cottage. Please arrange prior to arrival.
- No smoking inside the cottages.
- Honey Cottage is wheelchair friendly.
Yellow House | Prince Albert is located on the southern end of the beautiful, historical town of Prince Albert. A few minutes’ drive, either way, will take you to the foot of the breath-taking Swartberg Pass or the eccentric Prince Albert town centre.
Here you will find galleries, antique shops, quaint eateries, and the famous Saturday organic produce market. Visit the museum or take a ghost walk!
One of the largest fig farms in the southern hemisphere is located less than an hour’s drive from Prince Albert.
The Showroom theatre hosts a wide genre of movies and regular appearances by notable performers; the town also hosts exhibitions by some of the many well-known artists living nearby, as well as foodie experiences.
For the adventurists, Prince Albert is a mecca for both mountain and motorbikers, hikers, and nature lovers.
Other attractions include the iconic Meiringspoort (30 minutes’ drive from Yellow House) and Oudtshoorn’s Cango Caves and ostrich farms.
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.