Wilderness National Park
lies in the heart of South Africa's famous Garden Route National Park
, a charming world of lakes, rivers, fens, estuaries and beaches gently unfolds against a backdrop of lush forest and lofty mountains.
Nature trails wind through densely wooded forest and along tranquil rivers, affording you the opportunity to encounter the brilliantly coloured.
Knysna lourie, or one of the five kingfisher species that occur here. The series of lakes connected by the Touw River (Eilandvlei, Langvlei and Rondevlei) host a variety of aquatic species and is an internationally proclaimed Ramsar site.
During the spring, the lakes are surrounded by a carpet of flowers, further enhancing the verdant beauty of this wetland national park.
Facilities at the camp include a shop where basic commodities may be purchased; no restaurant; laundromat and dryer. Important Notice
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees
which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations
of National Parks before making a booking.Ebb & Flow Restcamp (South)
* All accommodation is serviced daily and provided with bedding, towels and soap.
* 4-bed family cottages, each with two bedrooms, one bathroom (bath), open plan, partially equipped kitchen. Please indicate whether you would prefer a double bed and 2 single beds or single beds only, subject to availability.
* 4-bed log cottages on wooden stilts, each with two bedrooms, one bathroom (bath & shower), open plan, partially equipped kitchen. Please indicate whether you would prefer a double bed and 2 single beds or single beds only, subject to availability.
* Forest Cabins 4 beds and 2 beds ablutions and partially equipped kitchens. A communal kitchen for cooking.
NB: Microwave ovens are available for hire from Reception.Ebb & Flow Restcamp (North)
* 2-bed Rondavel, each with bathroom (shower) and basic kitchen equipment.
* 2-bed Rondavel, communal ablution facilities and basic kitchen equipment.
NB: The rondavels are basic and are classified as budget accommodation.Caravan & Camping
* Both restcamps have caravan and campsites on the banks of the Touw River, communal ablution and scullery facilities.
* Some sites at Ebb & Flow Restcamp (South) are equipped with 220V power points.
* The power points are for caravan plugs only; to be able to use a normal three-point plug you need the applicable adapter.
* Portable braais are supplied - please inquire at Reception.
* A maximum of six persons, one caravan with a side tent and one vehicle, or one tent and one vehicle, or one autovilla or one motorised caravan will be permitted per site.Facilities
* Many facilities are available in the towns of Wilderness and George.
* There is no shop in the Restcamp, however vending machines are available at Reception.
* The closest restaurants are in the town of Wilderness a list is available at Reception.
* Laundromat and dryer.
* Medical doctors, a dentist a pharmacy and the postal agency are available in the town of Wilderness.
Temperate coastal climate with rain occurring throughout the year. September and October reflect the highest rainfall.
* Bathing, rowing, fishing, at Wilderness beach, the Touw River and some of the lakes.
* Water-skiing is restricted to Island Lake and Swartvlei.
* Canoes are hired from Eden Adventures
* DSTV in a communal area.
* Table tennis in a communal area.
* Volleyball and basket ball.
* Bird hides at Langvlei and Rondevlei.AdventuresWilderness National Park Trails
There are five trails all located in the National Park, all with varying distances and degrees of difficulty.
Start at the Ebb & Flow Rest Camp (Wilderness Section) and canoe the winding Touw River, which leads to Wilderness beach or gently canoe on the Wilderness Lagoon. Canoes available for hire from Eden Adventures.
There are two scenic routes for mountain biking. Bikes equipped with child seats are also available. Mountain bikes available for hire from Eden Adventures in the park.
Whether on a short 10m abseil or a 45m drop next to a roaring waterfall, reach your goals you perceived to be unobtainable. (Eden Adventures).
Fishing is allowed in the following sections of Wilderness Section of the Garden Route National Park - Leentjiesklip, Kleinkrans, Sandhoogte, Swartvlei, Eilandvlei, and Gerickes Point.
Due to the many different ecosystems within the park ranging from the indigenous forest to the rocky shore, Wilderness Section of the Garden Route National Park has become a bird paradise.
Experience the freedom of paragliding with experienced operators. (Wilderness Eco Tourism at 044 877 0045.)
Cancelling or downgrading of a reservation 45 days or less prior to (or on) arrival will result in cancellation fees according to a sliding scale (based on the total reservation cost) which varies between 50% and 100%.
In the event of a non-arrival, the accommodation will be held until 9:00 the following day after which the reservation will be cancelled and the full amount paid for the reservation will be forfeited.
Pay particular attention to deposit due dates provided and keep bank processing delays in mind when considering EFT as payment option. No extension of payment due dates will be granted.
If the arrival date of the itinerary is postponed prior to or on date of arrival and then cancelled at a later stage, the fees that applied at the time of amendment will be enforced if the amount is greater than the new cancellation fees.
• Cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total reservation cost is payable in a case of cancellation made between 45 days and 30 days prior to arrival.
• Cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total reservation cost is payable in a case of a cancellation made between 29 days prior to and date of arrival
• 100% of the total cost for any non-arrival/no-shows
• Reservation made within 45 days prior to arrival is payable within 24 hours from the day reservation is made.
Wilderness National Park is a Self-Catering in Wilderness Western Cape South Africa