One of Africa`s premier safari destinations, Tinga Lodge - Lion Sands Game Reserve
offers the ultimate combination of total luxury and first-class service.
We are always surprised at how a visit to Tinga can completely restore our energy after just a few days. When you’re right on the Sabie River, watching the animals and surrounded entirely by bush and sky, you really feel like you’re suspended in time and removed from the world as you know it.
Tinga Lodge is an escape that everyone should enjoy at least once in their lifetime.Accommodation at Tinga Lodge - Lion Sands Game Reserve:
With just 9 luxurious suites, each located in an utterly private spot overlooking the river, guests are treated to the ultimate African luxury experience. Each of Tinga’s suites has a bathroom with a bath and shower, separate lounge area with minibar, private plunge pool and deck, 24 hour air-conditioning and a range of luxury amenities.Tinga Lodge - Lion Sands Game Reserve - Quick facts
- 9 Suites for 18 guests. The two-bedroom Tinga Hi’Nkweni Villa takes the total lodge capacity to 22 guests.
- Children 10 years and older are welcome (children of 6 and older welcome in the Tinga Hi’Nkweni Family Villa)
- Daily on site management.
- Childrens’ activities and baby sitting available
- Family Rooms available
- Private Plunge Pools
- Open plan lounge and dining area
- Suitable for disabled travelers (with assistance)
- Full range of dietary preferences catered for
- Free Wi-Fi, in guest areas
We have learned that one of the most special ways to experience a safari is with the family, but often the accommodations at lodges don’t suitably
cater to this unique market sector. As parents, we understand that children seldom fit into schedule, and that each of their personalities and
needs are unique.
It gives us great pleasure to introduce you to Tinga Lodge’s Hi’Nkweni Family Villa. Not only does the lodge lend itself, in both atmosphere and
architecture, to the family traveller (specifically with younger children), but this exclusive and self-contained Villa also comes with its own safari
vehicle and Field Guide, giving guests the flexibility to craft their own experience. Safety is always front-and-centre for juniors, with no dangerous
raised walkways, and a walled-in indigenous garden with private pool.
We are very excited about bringing this to market, as there are few things we love more than watching a family bonding, making memories and
having an incredible time together while with us on safari.Tinga Family Villa:
• Accommodates a maximum of 6 people in two bedrooms (4 adults and 2 children)
• Children 6 years and older
• Children 6 - 15 will pay 50% of adult rates
• Minimum charge for three (3) adults in standard period
• Minimum charge for four (4) adults in peak period
• Private Land Rover
• Private PoolGame drives:
Game drives, in open safari vehicles, head out each day at sunrise and again in the late afternoon. Lion Sand’s natural animal population includes the Big Five, and the reserve is especially renowned for the quality of its leopard viewing – the most elusive of predators. With exclusive traversing rights on both Lion Sands’ Sabi Sand and Kruger Park sections, guests are assured a truly intimate safari experience. A maximum of 16 vehicles are allowed out on the reserve at any one time, and the number per sighting is also limited. This ensures the animals feel at ease and guests are able to spend more time with them, observing their natural behaviour.
- Duration: ±3 hours
- Includes: a hot beverage or sundowner stop in a scenic spot to purely appreciate being in the bush and in the moment
- Children 10 years and older are welcome on the twice-daily game drives
- Children of all ages are welcome on private game drives*Walks:
These are our after-breakfast walks on the wild side. Guests are immersed in the bush, rather than just observing it. All five senses are engaged, as they feel scrub crunch beneath their feet, touch the velvety acacia seed pod, hear the crack of a branch indicating they are not alone, and spot big game at eye level – exhilarating! Our expert guides will tailor walks to each of our guest’s area/s of interest, focusing on mammals, birds, insects, plants, geology, etc.
- Duration: 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on guests’ fitness levels
- Children under 16 years are not permitted on the bush walks
- Guests over 60 years must present a medical certificate of good health
- Guests should wear: neutral-coloured clothing; comfortable walking shoes; a hat; sunglasses; and sunscreen
- Guests should bring along: a lightweight dry mac jacket; camera/smartphone; and binocularsAccess to Lion Sands Game Reserve:
The driving time from Johannesburg to Ivory Lodge and River Lodge is approximately 5 hours. Should you choose to drive, we recommend
staying over a night at any of the mountain or country lodges along the Panorama Route to ensure you arrive at us fresh the next morning and
ready for a spectacular safari experience.
The staff very very helpful and friendly without being overbearing. I saw the Big Five including Leopard for three days in a row, wild dog and numerous other wildlife. I would recommend Tinga to anyone.