The White House Guest Farm is an affordable, good, halfway stop between Cape Town and Windhoek.
The turn-off to the White House has a clear signpost, about 11 km from Grnau, on the B1 to Karasburg 2 km from the main road, on a working 15,000 ha sheep farm, which stretches to the distant mountains.
The house itself is a stunning old farmhouse with Oregon pine floors, huge high wooden ceilings, wide verandas and a huge kitchen. Guests normally stay in one of the 5 beautiful old rooms with en-suite facilities.
The White House is situated just over a 100 km from both the Fish River Canyon and Ais Ais Hot Springs.
The White house is fully equipped from bedding, towels, cutlery, toaster, kettle, tea, coffee, and sugar. We allow self-catering, but we are well known for our home-cooked meals. The best lamb in the world!!
They serve dinner, breakfast and a braai-pack for the people who prefer to braai themselves. They also supply the wood and grid. They are connected to the main power supply, NamPower for those who need electricity for a fridge, and any other appliances.
Accommodation at The White House Guest Farm:
Our accommodation consists of the main White House as well as self-catering chalets and camping. Ideal for quiet getaways, couples, family holidays, a weekend with friends or larger groups.
In comfortable, charmingly rustic surroundings youre sure to enjoy what this farm has to offer. Book a camp stand and experience the blissful tranquility of sleeping under the Namibian stars! All accommodation can be easily accessed by car (no 44 vehicles necessary).
Air conditioning, heaters, bedding, towels, cutlery, toaster, kettle, tea, coffee, and sugar are placed fresh in each room and the rooms have a well-stocked fridge with cold beer, wine, soft drinks and ice.
For the nature lovers, camping is available as well as tents, mattresses and bedding.
Check in: From 14h00 until 21h00 | Check out: No later than 10h00 in the morning.
* A game drive to see Springbok and Gemsbok.(Oryx)
* A trip to see Lit hops and other succulents. We have the Mickberg-gensis on our farm, a sub specie of the Karas Montana.
* A night trip to see the nightlife.
* We offer a trip to our Rose-Quartz mine for people who are interested in semi-precious stones.
- cancellations of 30 days and more from the time of arrival: 100% refund
- cancellations between 29 to 15 days from the time of arrival: 50% of total cost be refunded
- cancellations 14 days or less, a no-show or early departure: 0% refund
Facilities & Services available:
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Bar on the Premises
Fireplace on the Premises
Parking (off-street - covered)