Thatchfoord is conveniently situated within minutes of Sandton City, Rivonia, Wood mead and Sunninghill and the M1 and N1 motorways, which ensure easy access to Johannesburg International Airport (25 minutes), Midrand (15 minutes) and Pretoria (30 minutes).
Our spacious and comfortably appointed en-suite double rooms all with private entrances, lounge and study area (with easy chairs, TV and desk) are ideally suited to both business and leisure travellers.
The fresh country style furnishings blend with the luxury of high quality cotton linen and towels and a full range of accessories. The rooms provide a range of extra-length king size, queen size and twin beds.
Thatchfoord Lodge prides itself in personal and friendly service in a `home away from home` environment.
- Guest lounge and breakfast room
- Outdoor pool
- E-mail, fax and telephone facilities
- Refreshments fridge
- Secure covered parking
- A safe for valuables
- Laundry service
- Credit card facilities
- Transfers and tours arranged
- Close to a wide selection of fine restaurants
Tours and day trips arranged to:
- Cradle of Humankind
- Lion and Rhino Park
- Lesedi Cultural Village
- Elephant Sanctuary
- Cullinan Diamond Mine
- Balloon Safaris
- Spear of the Nation tours
- Lipizzaner horses
- Museums and galleries
- Customised tours on request
Each room overlooks the large sparkling pool, patio and shady garden all at the disposal of our guests wishing to relax in secluded privacy.
The upstairs premier suite under attractive thatch (ideal for honeymooners) has its own private balcony with large umbrella and garden furniture and a beautifully appointed bathroom with double basins, glass shower and large circular bath.
Facilities offered in each room include:
- Broadband wireless internet access
- TV and shared DSTV
- Wall heaters and fans
- Hair dryers
- Tea, coffee and biscuit trays
- Airconditioning & Mini Bar in selected rooms
From OR Tambo International Aiport:
- Follow the Johannesburg sign from the airport to the Gillooly's Interchange. Follow the N3 to Pretoria.
- Follow this road to the Mulboro Exit. Follow Mulboro Road (under the highway) to a T-Junction. Turn right into Bowling Avenue.
- Follow this road to Kelvin Road crossing. Turn left into Kelvin Road (Gallo Manor Shopping Centre on your right).
- After Shopping Centre (about 150m on) turn right into Cosmos Avenue. At T-junction, turn left into Disa Avenue.
- At T-Junction turn right into Crassula Avenue.