Slangkop Tented Camp is situated next to the beach and lighthouse in Kommetjie in Table Mountain National Park (TMNP). The beautiful, rustic camp is built from timber felled and milled in the TMNP.
Slangkop Camp provides hot water, open fires, a fully equipped kitchen for self catering clients, six 2-bed tents and has direct access to the beach area.
Although with the TMNP and very secluded, the shopping and other facilities of Kommetjie is only 2km away - some within walking distance.
The camp links up as accommodation on route on the Hoerikwaggo Trail - a 5 day and 4 night hike from Cape Town to Cape Point or vice versa. However, if you wish to simply experience spending a night at this tented camp, book the accommodation and use it as a base from where you can enjoy all the outdoor activities.
View also the other Tented Accommodation in TMNP.
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations of National Parks before making a booking.
- surfing & kite surfing
- bird watching
- Slangkoppunt Lighthouse Take a tour and climb to the top to see Cape Point Nature Reserve and Hout Bay.
- Imhoff Farm - camel riding
- buy country produce and a variety of crafts
- township tour at Masiphumelele
- hiking and swimming
In addition to the full cancellation of a reservation, any amendment to an existing reservation, which results in the value of the revised reservation being less than the original value, could result in cancellation fees being levied, according to the following schedule:
- No cancellation fees will be incurred for cancellations or changes 46 days or more prior to arrival;
- Cancellations fees of 50% of the total reservation is payable for cancellations and changes received between 45 and 30 days prior to arrival;
- A 100% cancellation fee is payable for cancellations received within 29 days of arrival;
- A 100% cancellation fee is payable for non-arrivals (no-shows).
If the arrival date of the itinerary is postponed prior to or on date of arrival and then cancelled at a later stage, the fees that applied at the time of amendment will be enforced if the amount is greater than the new cancellation fees.
Modification and cancellation charges may be levied on any other reservations amended or cancelled online, irrespective of the channel through which the reservations were originally made, and subject to the terms and conditions.
- Conservation levy is always excluded from the booking amount and needs to be settled on arrival.
Kommetjie is reached via Main Rd.
Take Lighthouse road and travel towards the lighthouse road until you enter the TMNP.
On the right.
Slangkop Tented Camp:
- 6x2 sleeper tent with communal kitchenette, shower & ablutions
- Fully equipped Kitchen
- Min of 2 and max12 persons per group
- Provide own bedding and towels
- Provide own food, sleeping bag and water
- Self Catering
- Units are equipped with Beds & Mattresses