Slangkop Tented Camp is situated next to the beach and lighthouse in Kommetjie in Table Mountain National Park (TMNP). The beautiful, rustic camp is built from timber felled and milled in the TMNP.
Slangkop Camp provides hot water, open fires, a fully equipped kitchen for self catering clients, six 2-bed tents and has direct access to the beach area.
Although with the TMNP and very secluded, the shopping and other facilities of Kommetjie is only 2km away - some within walking distance.
The camp links up as accommodation on route on the Hoerikwaggo Trail - a 5 day and 4 night hike from Cape Town to Cape Point or vice versa. However, if you wish to simply experience spending a night at this tented camp, book the accommodation and use it as a base from where you can enjoy all the outdoor activities.
View also the other Tented Accommodation in TMNP.
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations of National Parks before making a booking.
- surfing & kite surfing
- bird watching
- Slangkoppunt Lighthouse Take a tour and climb to the top to see Cape Point Nature Reserve and Hout Bay.
- Imhoff Farm - camel riding
- buy country produce and a variety of crafts
- township tour at Masiphumelele
- hiking and swimming
Slangkop Tented Camp:
- 6x2 sleeper tent with communal kitchenette, shower & ablutions
- Fully equipped Kitchen
- Min of 2 and max12 persons per group
- Provide own bedding and towels
- Provide own food, sleeping bag and water
- Self Catering
- Units are equipped with Beds & Mattresses
2 Single beds with mattresses, linen and towels, Check in 14H00 to 17H00 winter (Apr- Sept), Check in 14H00 to 18H00 summer (Oct-Mar), Communal ablutions, Communal Boma & Braai area, Firearms, pets and day visitors not permitted, No functions or commercial activities permitted, No late entry or exit after gate closure, No Security Patrolling at Night, No smoking, No wood allowed, please supply own charcoal, Not suitable for wheel chair access, Vacate before 10h00.
Kommetjie is reached via Main Rd.
Take Lighthouse road and travel towards the lighthouse road until you enter the TMNP.
On the right.