Singita Ebony Lodge
has a commanding presence and an essence that evokes an intense feeling of familiarity - as if visiting a congenial family home.
The secluded thatched suites, situated within the Singita Game Reserves
, are the epitome of elegant comfort, with rooms styled with an eclectic mix of colours, fabrics and textures. A colonial feel with Egyptian linen, African throws, antiques and modern luxuries combine to create a homely, lived-in feel.
From the vast wooden deck to the pool overlooking the Sand River, its not uncommon to see elephant, buffalo and antelope grazing only metres away at any time of day. Perhaps this is where the notion of an armchair safari was perfectedSingita Ebony Lodge
offers twelve suites, all with their own en suite bathroom and shower, outside shower, heated private swimming pool, double-sided fireplace, mini bar and fridge, room mini safe, air-conditioning, overhead fans, private lounge, direct dial telephones and game-viewing deck.Accommodation Singita Ebony Lodge
12 luxurious suites (24 beds). Two of the suites are double family suites.
Each luxury air-conditioned suite consists of sumptuous bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, and an expansive living area with double-sided fireplace, mini bar and fridge and private wooden leisure decks with a heated private plunge pool.
All the suites have direct dial telephones, and the library has two computers and direct internet links.
The main lodge has lounge and timber deck dining areas overlooking the Sand River, a bar area and traditional open boma, gymnasium, health spa, library and wine cellar. Activities & Facilities at Singita Ebony Lodge
Singita Ebony Lodge rates include:
- Twice daily game drives with professional guides and trackers
- Guided safari walks on request
- Mountain biking and archery.
- Luxurious all-suite accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, teas, coffees.
- All drinks, including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs (excluding champagnes) Laundry & valet services
Other available services at Ebony Lodge include:
- Community tours into neighbouring villages.
- Shopping the Singita Shop stocks a range of African artifacts and curios.
- Premier Wine Boutique.
- A spa complete with a fully-equipped gym.
- A swimming pool at the main lodge.
- Internet and fax facilities, and a well-stocked library
Recommended route from Johannesburg: N12/N4 to Nelspruit. R40 from Nelspruit to Hazyview. R536 from Hazyview towards Paul Kruger gate. After 36 km, pass Lisbon Store, then turn left onto gravel road. Pay R80.00 (ZAR) vehicle entrance fee (subject to change). Enter Sabi Sand Reserve at Shaw's Gate. Follow Singita signs to lodge (approximately 28 km).
Distances by road
Johannesburg/Singita Sabi Sand (5 hours 30 min) 500 km
Hazyview/Singita Sabi Sand (1 hour) 75 km
Nelspruit/Singita Sabi Sand (1 hour 45 min) 150 km