Simcha Lodge is a self-catering unit situated in Marloth Park between Crocodile River in the Kruger National Park and the Leeuspruit Nature Reserve. It overlooks the Leeuspruit Nature Reserve and offers a unique experience of the bush with all the luxuries.
The word Simcha means a family celebration with an abundance of happiness. The entire Lodge is rented out at a rate per night and includes all facilities, excluding Game drives. Bookings are essential as the unit is booked up in advance.
We offer Kosher cutlery and utensils to be per-arranged for religious orthodox Jewish Guests. The unit is serviced in the mornings between 7am and 9am where dishes will be washed and beds made. The lodge can accommodate up to 12 people. There are 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
A large patio and braai area with a small splash pool. The wild game feed in the late afternoon and this makes for a pleasant wind down relaxing on the patio.
Accommodation at Simcha Lodge:
Each of the 3 bathrooms has a shower, a basin and a toilet (note: all have septic tanks, so please no foreign objects to be flushed down the toilets). There are 4 bedrooms that have queen beds and 1 bedroom has 3 single beds. All bedrooms are air conditioned.
All bedding and towels are provided. There is DSTV and a LED 50 inch television in the upstairs lounge. The kitchen is equipped with a gas oven and stove, a fridge, an ice machine, a water dispenser and filtration unit and all required, pots, pans and utensils.
There are two gas geysers, one for downstairs and the other for upstairs. There is a safe facility in the downstairs bedroom. The patio has a large seating area with a table and chairs for 12 people.
There is no smoking inside the unit and concrete ashtrays are provided on the patio for cigarette butts.
Clothing and Accessories:
Hiking boots, warm clothes for winter, swimming costumes, hats, suntan lotion.
Health and Climate:
Malaria can be very serious, even fatal, if neglected. It is caused by a bite from the Anopheles mosquito which is infected with the Malaria germ.
In South Africa the most frequent germ is Malaria Falciparum. If the infected mosquito has bitten somebody, then this germ is injected into that person's body and multiplies, causing Malaria. Malaria is seasonal and usually occurs in the summer months. Not every mosquito bite means you have or will get Malaria.
Malaria manifests with fever, cold shivers and severe aches and pains. The most serious manifestation is Cerebral Malaria, this is when the brain is also infected with the Malaria germ. If a fever develops upon returning from an infected area, it must be taken as suspicious and a doctor should be seen.
Obviously prevention is of the utmost importance. In the affected areas, the authorities spray the territory, to try and eliminate the mosquito. This reduces the incidence of malaria to a degree but is never perfect. When entering an endemic area, it is very important to prevent the risk of Malaria by taking Anti-Malaria medication.
Anti-Malaria medication needs to be taken a few days before entering the infected area, to continue with it as long as you are in the area and to also take it for a good few days after leaving the area. A visit to a pharmacy to obtain the necessary medication is essential. Some Anti-Malaria medication needs a doctor's prescription.
When entering an infected area :
- Take prophylactic medication.
- Wear long sleeve shirts and trousers to prevent being bitten predominantly at night, outside,
- Spray the sleeping area to kill the mosquitoes.
- Mosquito netting should be on all open windows
- Remember, if Malaria develops, it can be treated medically.
Home - Malaria - Dr. Billy Levin
- A large patio and braai area with a small splash pool and a pool close by.
- Guests can go for walks in Marloth Park with the game coming up to you and eating out of your hand.
- Their is a restaurant, pub, shops, petrol and diesel station close by.
- There is putt-putt facilities, quad-biking and tiger fishing in the area.
- The Marloth Park wildlife sanctuary is right on your doorstep, where you can enjoy mountain biking, bird watching.
- The world-renowned Kruger National Park is just 2 km down the road and if you have your passport in order, you can hop over the border to Mozambique, Maputo and Swaziland.
- The Kruger National Park Crocodile Gate - 9 km.
- Only bookings cancelled at least 30 days before booking dates in writing can be refunded subject to management approval.
- We do not take a deposit for unforeseeable damages but we do ask our guests to report any breakages i.e. glasses, plates, linen etc. So that they may be replaced for our next guest's arrival. Any breakages will be invoiced to the party concerned and will be deducted from your payment method without prior notice.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Limited Room Service
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Parking (off-street - open)
Petrol on site
Tourism Information Desk
Communal Satellite TV
DVD and/or VCR
Hiking / Walking Trails
Simcha Lodge is a Self-Catering and Game Lodge in Marloth Park Mpumalanga South Africa