Enjoy the warm embrace of the Shamrock Arms Guest Lodge, which offers good value, tranquil surroundings and wholesome food.
Shamrock Arms was a finalist in the lodge category of the 2010 South African Tourism Welcome Awards, which means that its considered to be of the cream of the crop in the tourism industry always hospitable, always professional and always passionate about delivering service excellence.
Youll find the lodge in the picturesque and historic village of Waterval Boven in Mpumalanga Province. It is authentically Victorian and comfortably modern and traces its history back to 1894.
Because the guest lodge is only a 2-and-half hour drive from Johannesburg its an ideal stopover for the business and leisure traveller on route to the Kruger National Park, Swaziland or Mozambique.
Shamrock Arms is also the perfect base from which to explore many places of interest and scenic beauty in Mpumalanga. Your host Terry, an accredited and registered tourist guide, can offer guidance on any tourist related matters.
On offer are superbly furnished rooms with their own entrances and an en-suite bath or shower, DSTV with decoder, air-conditioning (hot & cold), electric blanket (optional in winter), courtesy bar, tea / coffee facility, and an electronic safe. King, Queen or Twin beds are available, as is WIFi at no charge.
A wholesome home-cooked meal for dinner is available on request; unwind in our cosy pub with a good selection of South African wines.
A sincere and friendly welcome awaits you at the Shamrock Arms.
* Horse riding
* Trout / bass fishing.
* Mountain biking & hiking.
* Rock climbing & abseiling (location regarded as one of the best in the country and indeed, in the world.)
From O R Tambo International Airport:
- Take the motorway towards Boksburg then turn left in the direction of eMalahleni (previously known as Witbank on the N12.
- At eMalahleni the N12 merges with the N4 to Nelspruit.
- Continue on the N4 and approximately 5 kilometers after the Machado Toll Plaza take the Waterval Boven turn-off to the right.
- Continue for 2,5 kilometers through the business area of the village until you see the Shamrock Arms sign on the right.
All of the rooms have their own private outside entrance and en-suite bathroom.
The LUXURY ROOMS of which there are 6, have air-conditioning (hot & cold), satellite TV with decoder, mini bar, tea/coffee facility and electronic safe. You have a choice of either a double bed (king size) or twin beds.Free use of WiFi in the room. 2 rooms have en-suite bath, 4 rooms have en-suite shower.
The DELUXE ROOM (1), which has a queen size bed, en-suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower, an overhead fan, heater and tea/coffee facility