Punda Maria Restcamp - Kruger Park
lies in the northernmost part of the Kruger National Park, 10 km from the Punda Maria Gate. The camp is situated in the Sandveld region which is often described as the botanical garden of the Kruger National Park.
Numerous plant species occur which are unique to the area. Game species most likely to be sighted include impala, zebra, buffalo, elephant, eland and sable. The area is also a birders paradise.
The 22 km Mahonie Loop that circumnavigates the camp is surely one of the best potential bird and tree drives in Southern Africa. A trip to Pafuri Picnic Site is also a must for birders and botanists. The road via Klopperfontein Dam can be very rewarding.Facilities at Punda Maria Restcamp - Kruger Park
- Information at Reception
- No Wi-Fi
- Public Telephone
- Post Box
- Mini ATM facility available in the restaurant
- Filling Station
- Communal Kitchens
- Communal Ablutions
- Swimming Pool
- Cutlery and Plates Hampers (from Reception)
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- Day Visitors Picnic Area (located 8 km outside of camp next to Punda Maria Gate)
- TVs (limited DSTV) available in family bungalows only
- Cellphone receptionPunda Maria Restcamp - Kruger Park
has 18 two-bedded bungalows (with communal kitchen facilities), 4 three-bed bungalows (which is equipped with a basic kitchen) and 2 four-bed fully equipped cottages.Important Notice
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees
which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations
of National Parks before making a booking.Kruger Park Access Information:
It is important to read more about the upgrade on the access control system
for the Kruger National Park.Regulations when Exiting the Park:
In order to improve overall controls some changes have been made to the check-out process at camps in the Kruger National Park and your assistance and co-operation is kindly requested in this regard.
Guests are reminded that only guests with valid exit permits
will be allowed to exit the park. For day visitors these are issued upon entry at gates and for overnight guests these are issued by the last camp on the guest itinerary.Gate hours
January - March: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)
April - September: 06:00, 18:00 (Camp gates open 06:00
October: 05:30, 18:00 (Camp gates open 05:30)
November - December: 05:30, 18:30 (Camps gates open 04:30)
In addition to the full cancellation of a reservation, any amendment to an existing reservation, which results in the value of the revised reservation being less than the original value, could result in cancellation fees being levied, according to the following schedule:
- No cancellation fees will be incurred for cancellations or changes 46 days or more prior to arrival;
- Cancellations fees of 50% of the total reservation is payable for cancellations and changes received between 45 and 30 days prior to arrival;
- A 100% cancellation fee is payable for cancellations received within 29 days of arrival;
- A 100% cancellation fee is payable for non-arrivals (no-shows).
If the arrival date of the itinerary is postponed prior to or on date of arrival and then cancelled at a later stage, the fees that applied at the time of amendment will be enforced if the amount is greater than the new cancellation fees.
Modification and cancellation charges may be levied on any other reservations amended or cancelled online, irrespective of the channel through which the reservations were originally made, and subject to the terms and conditions.
- Conservation levy is always excluded from the booking amount and needs to be settled on arrival.
Punda Maria Restcamp - Kruger Park is a Self-Catering in Thohoyandou Limpopo South Africa