Situated in far northern Mozambique, close to the Tanzanian border, this is the only luxury hotel in Pemba and offers a secure beach with aesthetically unique Arabian-influenced architecture. The ideal, spacious conference venues, seafood at its best, especially the Mozambican prawns at the Quirimba restaurant.
Pemba Beach Hotel is situated near the sleepy town of Pemba, in the northern Mozambican province of Cabo Delgado, approximately 240km from the border of Tanzania. It lies between Pemba Bay and the lovely Wimbe beach.
Pemba - formerly known as Porto Amelia - is a historic town, steeped in colonial and trading history and a gem to explore. There are local and traditional shops, as well as an authentic local market or Souk, where arts and crafts, as well as traditional silverware can be bought.
On one of the worlds largest inland bays, the hotel is close to a number of breathtaking attractions. These include the beautifully untouched Quirimbas Archipelago, a group of 32 islands, including historic Ibo; a major trading centre in previous centuries when Africas East Coast was controlled by Arabs, and later became a Portuguese colony.
The hotel offers exclusivity and tranquillity in an idyllically beautiful and tropical setting on the unspoilt Mozambican coastline. Breathtaking coral reefs lie just off the coastline and their magnificent display of colourful coral species, thousands of tropical fish and mammals like whales and dolphins are waiting to be explored
* Landscaped gardens with extensive lawns and palm trees
* The Quirimbas Restaurant with an air-conditioned interior and alfresco terrace offers an a la carte menu and buffets specialising in fresh seafood
* The Niassa Bar for tantalising cocktails
* Business Center providing all modern communications including internet access
* The Cabo Delgado Conference Room, air-conditioned with std equipment including DTP, fitted screen, PA system, recording and play-back for up to 200 delegates
* The Mueda Boardroom with multi-media facilities for smaller business gatherings or private dining
* A Salt-water Rim-flow swimming pool overlooking Wimbe Beach
* A selection of shops and boutiques
* Souk (authentic local market) offering arts & crafts and silverware typical of the area
* Casino nearby
* Club Naval Marina with additional restaurant and bar, for a different dining atmosphere.
* Rock Pier
* Activities Centre offering additional activities to include sailing; motorised watersport equipment including skiing and wake-boarding
* Complimentary Pemba Airport transfers
* Secretarial service
* Two Tennis Courts
* Beach volleyball
* Touring desk
* Mountain bikes and & 4-wheel motorbikes for hire.
* City Tours and visits to Lurio Waterfalls, Cashew nut factories, etc.
* Scuba diving
* Water skiing
* Sausage skiing
* Tube skiing
* Jet skis
* Wind surfing
* Hobie sailing
* Kayaking (single and double)
* Small fishing boats
* Glass bottom boat rides
* Sunset cruises
* Surf and pier fishing.