Welcome to Oxnead Guesthouse where your hosts, Koos and Nelia Smit will strive to make your stay as relaxing as possible.
This beautiful establishment with its Cape Georgian style is one of the first Guesthouses established in Pretoria. Oxnead still offers a comfortable and highly reccommended base for business and leisure traveller. Situated in a quiet, privately patrolled cul de sac, in one of Pretoria`s well established up market eastern suburbs.
Easy access to all main arterial routes, N1, N4 and R21
- 40 Min drive from Johannesburg International Airport
- Close to Menlyn (4km) and Woodlands (2km) Shopping Centres
- Close to well known golf courses like Woodhill (1km), Wingate (3km) Silver Lakes (8km)
- Close to top class medical facilities like Pretoria East Hospital and Kloof Hospital
- 2 km from Moreleta NG Kerk, 3 km from Hatfield Christian Church
- 1 km From the Barnyard at Parkview Mall
Oxnead Guesthouse History:
John Hawtayne grew up in Norfolk England where his family (then the Hauteyn family) had a farm they called Oxnead. The name originated from the fact that the house was overlooking a meadow and a river (they called a nead) and the oxen came to drink water at the `nead`. Today Oxnead is a small town in England well known for its Halfinger horse breeding.
As a young entrepreneur John had a vision of commemorating the family farm and started a Guesthouse that he named after the farm. This was one of the first guesthouses in Pretoria and were well know and very popular from the start with guests from parliament to visitors from all over the world. Sadly John Hawtayne passed away in 2003 about 6 months after selling the Guesthouse to Koos and Nelia Smit who are still the owners.
Accommodation at Oxnead Guesthouse:
All rooms are tastefully decorated, each with its own style. Access for rooms are from the outside and you do not need to walk into the house to access the room.