Nkambeni Safari Camp
is located inside the Kruger National Park. The entrance to the lodge is through the Kruger National Park’s Numbi Gate close to White River and Hazyview.
At Nkambeni Safari Camp we are committed to the preservation of pristine wilderness areas and providing you with the true African experience of the wonderful scenery of the Lowveld of Mpumalanga. We are situated in the heart of the Big Five Country in the Kruger National Park.
Nkambeni Camp offers a wide range of outstanding facilities and all the Safari related activities like game drives, big 5 walks and many more to make your stay in the Kruger Park an enjoyable and true nature experience.
Nkambeni Safari Camp is located inside the Kruger National Park, just 10 kilometres to the west of Pretoriuskop Rest Camp. Experience the sights, sounds and smells of unadulterated nature.
View the Big Five and the unparalleled biodiversity of this peerless game reserve. The splendour and mystery of the Kruger National Park awaits you. Accommodation at Nkambeni Safari Camp
No concrete and no foundations means minimum damage to the environment! In addition, the construction is low maintenance and this means affordable accommodation. Combine these principles with luxury and comfort and enjoy nature the way it is meant to be.
Construction at Nkambeni Safari Camp conforms to the highest standards of low impact eco-friendly criteria.
We also believe in sustainable and responsible tourism as part of our vision.
The accommodation at Nkambeni Safari Camp consists of 150 beautifully appointed luxury timber and canvas tented suites.
- Two extra length beds
- Two fold out bunk beds for the kids
- Bathroom with an indoor and outdoor shower
- Air conditioner
- Self-help coffee station in each room
SanParks conservation fees are not included in the price of the set out packages that we offer. Conservation fees will have to be paid upon entering through the tourism control point at Numbi gate.
Facilities at Nkambeni Safari Camp include:
- A large dining area overlooking the Kruger National Park that offers A la carte as well as buffet meals
- A fully lisenced bar area
- A lounge area where you can enjoy a sundowner with your friends and family
- A large swimming pool and leisure area overlooking a dam where Hippo and other wildlife often visit
- A Large Boma for evening braais, ideal for larger groups and / or functions
- Smaller Boma area for more intimate groups
- Typical African entertainment can be arranged on request such as traditional dancers, Marimbas, etc.
- An African curio shop
- Overlander facilities and ablutions for overlander stay overs
Nkambeni Safari Camp offers:
- Morning, afternoon and full day Safari Game Drives
- Sundowner/Night Game Drives
- Bush Braai dinner and lunches on the traversing area in the Kruger National Park
- Bush Walks on Nkambeni’s private concession in the Kruger National Park
- Traditional African entertainment, such as traditional dancers, Marimbas and gumboot dancing.
- Traditional Afrikaans dinners
- Excursions to our additional community projects, such as the community schools, feeding schemes, bore holes, food gardens, anti-rhino poaching talks that we are currently involved in.
Please take note that Conservation Fees are excluded from our Game Drive and walk rates.
Additional activities in the Lowveld area:
- Panorama route
- Enjoy a visit the many waterfalls in the area.
- Experience the amazing view from God’s Window
- Visit the Bourkes Luck Potholes.
- Drive through the Blyde River canyon, the largest green canyon in the world.
- Experience the Gold Digger’s history at Pilgrim’s Rest.
- Elephant encounters
- Visits to Chimp Eden
- Golf courses – Skukuza / Kruger Park lodge / Sabi River Sun etc.
The best we had in our Africa trip. Best accommodation and service.
This is a great tented lodge, technically situated in the Kruger Park although day visitor rates to the Kruger still apply. The room is large and spacious and the indoor/outdoor shower is really nice. The lodge offers WiFi which is only accessible at reception, perhaps the addition of some range extenders throughout the lodge should be considered in order for guests to access the WiFi from their rooms. Breakfast buffet is good, not the widest variety but when you eating at 5:30 am you don't need need all that much. Dinner was good on all three nights, decent variety and well catered. Lastly, this lodge has the friendliest staff I've ever come across, from reception, cleaning staff, game rangers and even the security at the front gate. Great lodge and well worth it.
Staff well trained, polite and friendly. The food and variety was excellent. The setting looking over the watering hole is great. Accommodation very good. It would be welcomed if shade cloth parking could be provided.
I was very impressed by the friendly and efficient service. Chalets are superb with all necessities for ladies. Food was also exquisite. Thank you very much, we will call again.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
The Kruger Adventure Lodge is an experience rather than a destination – an owner-managed lodge, it promises you a true African experience in the bush where world class service is the norm and the environment your friend.
Guest Rating: (13 reviews)
Pretoriuskop Restcamp has spectacular granite outcrops and the impressive granite dome known as “Shabeni hill” is not far from the Rest Camp.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
This B&B consists of 6 timber cottages, each sleeping 2 guests all with wooden decks and a spa bath,situated in natural bush. The property has prolific bird life-great for bird-watching!We bring breakfast to you, is ideally suited for Honeymooners.
per person sharing
The peace and tranquillity at Umbhaba Lodge, along with the seclusion of the bushveld enviroment, is the ideal place for conferences. Activities like golf, fishing, hiking trails, horse riding and river rafting will be provided.
per person sharing