Nkambeni Safari Camp is located inside the Kruger National Park. The entrance to the lodge is through the Kruger National Parks Numbi Gate close to White River and Hazyview.
At Nkambeni Safari Camp we are committed to the preservation of pristine wilderness areas and providing you with the true African experience of the wonderful scenery of the Lowveld of Mpumalanga. We are situated in the heart of the Big Five Country in the Kruger National Park.
Nkambeni Camp offers a wide range of outstanding facilities and all the Safari related activities like game drives, big 5 walks and many more to make your stay in the Kruger Park an enjoyable and true nature experience.
Nkambeni Safari Camp is located inside the Kruger National Park, just 10 kilometres to the west of Pretoriuskop Rest Camp. Experience the sights, sounds and smells of unadulterated nature.
View the Big Five and the unparalleled biodiversity of this peerless game reserve. The splendour and mystery of the Kruger National Park awaits you.
Accommodation at Nkambeni Safari Camp
No concrete and no foundations means minimum damage to the environment! In addition, the construction is low maintenance and this means affordable accommodation. Combine these principles with luxury and comfort and enjoy nature the way it is meant to be.
Construction at Nkambeni Safari Camp conforms to the highest standards of low impact eco-friendly criteria.
We also believe in sustainable and responsible tourism as part of our vision.
The accommodation at Nkambeni Safari Camp consists of 150 beautifully appointed luxury timber and canvas tented suites.
- Two extra length beds
- Two fold out bunk beds for the kids
- Bathroom with an indoor and outdoor shower
- Air conditioner
- Self-help coffee station in each room
SanParks conservation fees are not included in the price of the set out packages that we offer. Conservation fees will have to be paid upon entering through the tourism control point at Numbi gate.
Facilities at Nkambeni Safari Camp include:
- A large dining area overlooking the Kruger National Park that offers A la carte as well as buffet meals
- A fully lisenced bar area
- A lounge area where you can enjoy a sundowner with your friends and family
- A large swimming pool and leisure area overlooking a dam where Hippo and other wildlife often visit
- A Large Boma for evening braais, ideal for larger groups and / or functions
- Smaller Boma area for more intimate groups
- Typical African entertainment can be arranged on request such as traditional dancers, Marimbas, etc.
- An African curio shop
- Overlander facilities and ablutions for overlander stay overs
Nkambeni Safari Camp offers:
- Morning, afternoon and full day Safari Game Drives
- Sundowner/Night Game Drives
- Bush Braai dinner and lunches on the traversing area in the Kruger National Park
- Bush Walks on Nkambenis private concession in the Kruger National Park
- Traditional African entertainment, such as traditional dancers, Marimbas and gumboot dancing.
- Traditional Afrikaans dinners
- Excursions to our additional community projects, such as the community schools, feeding schemes, bore holes, food gardens, anti-rhino poaching talks that we are currently involved in.
Note: Please take note that Conservation Fees are excluded from our Game Drive and walk rates.
Additional activities in the Lowveld area:
- Panorama route
- Enjoy a visit the many waterfalls in the area.
- Experience the amazing view from Gods Window
- Visit the Bourkes Luck Potholes.
- Drive through the Blyde River canyon, the largest green canyon in the world.
- Experience the Gold Diggers history at Pilgrims Rest.
- Elephant encounters
- Visits to Chimp Eden
- Golf courses Skukuza / Kruger Park lodge / Sabi River Sun etc.
Rooms and Units Available:
Luxury Timber- / Canvas Tented Suites BB
Two extra length beds, Two fold out bunk beds for the kids, Bathroom with an indoor and outdoor shower. Aircon.Coffee/Tea station(Rate exclude peak/high season)
Amount of similar units: 150
Sleeps 2 Adults
Luxury Timber- / Canvas Tented Suites DBB
Amount of similar units: 150
Sleeps 2 Adults
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Bar on the Premises
Parking (off-street - open)
• 30 - 22 days before departure 35%
• 21 - 15 days before departure 40%
• 14 - 8 days before departure 65%
• 7 - 3 days before departure 80%
• from 2 days before departure and no-shows 90%.
Terms and Conditions
Kindly note that Nkambeni Safari Camp is going cashless from the 1st of January 2024.
Nkambeni Tented Lodge is located inside the Kruger National Park, just 10 kilometres to the west of Pretoriuskop Rest Camp. Experience the sights, sounds and smells of unadulterated nature.
View the Big Five and the unparalleled biodiversity of this peerless game reserve.
The splendour and mystery of the Kruger National Park awaits you.
Click to display the map