Nedile Lodge is situated in the Malaria free, Welgevonden Game Reserve, home to one of the the largest collections of privately owned White Rhino, as well as Lion, Elephant, Buffalo and Leopard.
Nedile Lodge accommodates up to 10 Guests in 5 exclusive and luxury rooms. With a dramatic view over the bush and mountains, each room has a private deck, fireplace, in / out door shower and bathroom.
Nedile Lodge is a Tourism Grading Committee of South Africa (TGCSA) 5-Star rated Game Lodge.
American Express Accommodation Awards / AA Travel Guides: Best Game Lodge.
2006: Finalist. 2007: Winner. 2008: Highly Commended. 2009: Winner. 2010: Highly Commended. 2011: Steady Star Award. 2012: National Winner
PLEASE NOTE: It is not permitted to bring your own alcohol onto the premises. A fully equipped bar is available.
Nedile Lodge accommodates up to 10 Guests in 5 exclusive and luxury rooms. With a dramatic view over the bush and mountains, each room has a private deck, fireplace, ceiling fan, in door and out door shower and bathroom.
The main complex, with bar, dining room and comfortable lounge will invite you to sit back, relax and take in the quiet and tranquility of the natural surroundings.
Walking shoes, Sun hat, Sunglasses, Sun block, Cameras, Binoculars, Light clothing, Swimming costumes in summer. Warm clothing or Jackets for evening game drives.
Summer (October - March). Rainy season: hot days, warm nights. Temp. 25 - 35 degrees centigrade
Winter (April - August). Dry season: generally warm days, cold nights. Temp. 5 - 25 degrees centigrade
Cool down in the rock pool or join one of the game viewing activities.
Under the supervision of an experienced Game Ranger, all activities from game drive to bush walks will provide new and unique learning about the wonders of nature.
Less than 7 days before arrival, full amount is forfeited.
From 7 to 14 days, 75% of payment is forfeited.
From 14 to 21 days, 50% of deposit is forfeited.
From 21 to 28 days, 25% of deposit is forfeited.
Cancellations in excess of 28 days prior may incur a maximum 10% administration fee to cover banking and handling charges.
Rrom OR TAMBO to Welgevonden West Gate: NEDILE LODGE
Approximately: 323km (3,5 hours drive).
- Take the N1 - Pretoria to Polokwane (Pietersburg). There are three tollgates to take into consideration. 1st - Pumulanie: 2nd - The Carousel: 3rd - Kranskop Tollgates.
- At the Kranskop Plaza tollgate use the left gate on to the R33 to Modimolle (Nylstroom) 10.3km further – Modimolle (Nylstroom). Go straight through Modimolle (Nylstroom) towards Vaalwater for 66.6km.
- Pass straight through Vaalwater. Do not turn off anywhere. After Vaalwater past the garage, (Spar on left hand side), continue straight on the road towards Bulgerivier and Thabazimbi.
- 24.3km out of Vaalwater you will find the Welgevonden Main Gate on your left hand side coming from Vaalwater. Please DO NOT take the Welgevonden Main Gate entrance – Keep on going for 23km further.
- On your left hand side you will see the road sign Schoongelegen turnoff. Turn left onto Schoongelegen dirt road. Here is also a road sign indicating the Welgevonden West Gate.
- Continue along this road for a further 16.3km past Manual Gate to the West Gate on your left hand side. Travelling time from the Vaalwater (Spar) to the Welgevonden West Gate is approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Please confirm your estimated time of arrival at the West Gate. You will be picked up at the gate with an open game viewer. In the park you are on a scenic game drive for anything between 20 minutes to hours depending on the game viewing.
- Your vehicle will stay at the West Gate parked behind elephant proof electric fences with 24 hours security.
We ask that once you reach Vaalwater (Spar), to please contact the Lodge to advise them of your arrival.
There is no more cell phone reception until you reach Nedile Lodge.