The perfect weekend destination from Cape Town, Mount Ceder in the Cederberg Mountains, offers visitors a host of exciting accommodation options. In a valley, surrounded by rugged and arrestingly dramatic mountains, Mount Ceder is found on the main route through the Cederberg range. It`s a great wilderness area with majestic views, amazing Spring flowers (August and September), and rugged hikes perfect for the young and not-so young.
How you enjoy the beauty of Mount Ceder is up to you - walk in the mountains with no one around, enjoy clambering over the unique rock formations, swim in the perennial river with the kids or marvel at the delicate Bushman rock art. Of course, you could just simply relax and enjoy the exhilarating peace of this unspoilt paradise from the luxury of your cottage. At the end of an activity-filled day, settle down to a relaxing drink on your veranda, or enjoy a wholesome 3-course meal at the Old Millhouse restaurant, accompanied by superb wine from the region.
Mount Ceder Self Catering Accommodation in Cederberg:
Mount Ceder offers guests a host of accommodation options to suit every budget and family!
- 3 rustic cottages in the valley, without electricity, each sleeping 2 people.
- 3 cottages closer together, each sleeping 4 people. Ideal for family groups wanting to stay together.(3* ungraded).
- 3 campsites each with own ablution facilities, sleeping 4.
- 3 larger cottages spread along the valley and river, each sleeping 6 with lovely loft rooms. (4* graded).
- 1 luxury cottage with a Jacuzzi, air-conditioning, stunning views and loft, sleeping 6. (4* graded).
Please note no pets are allowed at Mount Ceder.
Old Millhouse Restaurant:
Serving sumptuous, home-cooked meals, the Old Millhouse is the ideal place to begin your day with a hearty breakfast, or to relax at the end of the day with a glass of fine wine and a wholesome, three-course meal.
The Old Millhouse is a licensed restaurant, serving breakfasts, light lunches and dinners. The meals are served on a fixed menu basis and cater for most dietary requirements. Evening meals do need to be pre-booked 24 hrs in advance and any special dietary requirements made known when booking. Kiddies meals will be prepared with pleasure. NB: Breakfasts, dinners and formal meals need to be booked in advance.
- Full Mount Ceder Breakfast includes Cereal, Fruit Salad, Yoghurt, 2 slices of Toast, Egg, Bacon, Tomato, Potato Rosti and Sausage. A fresh pot of Coffee/Tea and Fruit juice supplied with all breakfasts.
- Thinking of taking a drive or a hike, why dont we pack a lunch for you? Lunch Packs include sandwiches, fruit juice, fruit and snacks.
- Dinners (19:00) includes a home cooked three course meal on a fixed menu (specific dietary requirements must be requested). Fully licensed with a selection of Boland Cellar and Cederberg Cellar wines, the Old Millhouse restaurant is the perfect spot to unwind and enjoy Cederberg hospitality.
- Braai packs can also be ordered from reception and include a selection of meats and some salad. Remember to pick up some firewood at reception.
Breakfasts are served from 08h00 to 10h00, light lunch is available after breakfast until 16h00 (after this time the staff are preparing for dinner). The Restaurant is open from 08h00 until 17h00. If there are guests for dinner, it will open again at 19h00 until 21h00.
Dinners must be pre-booked 24 hours in advance and breakfast must be pre-booked by 17h00 the night before.
A small country shop allows guests to purchase cooldrinks, fruit juices and various homemade preserves. Olives are grown on the farm and a selection of olive products are for sale in the shop. Kiddies treats abound. Mount Ceder is proud to be bottling fresh spring water under their own label which is available to guests.
Dont forget to pick up some olives, dried pomegranates and blueberries: all grown on the farm! For more information on our olives, visit In Our Greenhouse.
Mount Ceder is an easy 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive from Cape Town.
* From Cape Town - travel along the N1, through the Huguenot tunnel towards Worcester.
* At Worcester turn left onto the R43 towards Ceres.
* Take the R303 to Ceres and Prince Alfred's Hamlet.
* At Op-die-Berg turn right onto the road to Kagga Kamma.
* Where the tarmac ends take a left onto the road to Algeria and Clanwilliam. This is a gravel road but is in good condition. Follow this road for approx 34km and your will see Mount Ceder on your right.
32 38' 58"S I 19 24' 31"E