Marloth Bush Retreat
is a tranquil, comfortable, self-catering thatched hide-away, situated on the southern border of the Kruger National Park.
A wide variety of game and about 300 bird species are found around the Retreat in untamed Bushveld vegetation. The close-up interaction with Africa’s animals is truly thrilling.
In the evening, lesser bush-babies come within 2 meters of guests. African night sounds of lion roaring, hippo grunting and hyena calling, are part of the bush experience. Most days elephant can be seen feeding in the Crocodile River. Often lion wait here too, watching for prey animals coming down to drink. Leopard are seen from time to time.
This is a bird-watcher’s paradise. From purple-crested turaco, bearded wood-pecker to blue waxbill, all abound here. The iconic sound of an African fish-eagle’s call calms even the most stressed soul. For a full bird list, please enquire. Bird guide available. Facilities at Marloth Park include:
Petrol Filling station - (2km)
Mini supermarket - (1km)
ATM’s - (2km)
Mini golf - (1km)
Take-away food - (1km)
Marloth Bush Retreat accommodation
The Lodge accommodates 8 people comfortably in 4 double bedrooms, which are all en suite. Linen and towels are supplied. Please bring your own swimming towels. Two cosy little lounges and wildlife magazines enhance your retreat into the bush. There is a splash pool and DSTV for your private use.
- 24-hour security
- Sundowners by the river
- Visit the adjoining Lionspruit Reserve
- Relax in the hides watching wildlife
- Day or night drives can be undertaken.
- Ceiling fans are installed throughout.
- The kitchen is equipped with microwave oven, double-door fridge-freezer, and all other necessities.
- A splash-pool adjoining the entertainment area is a wonderful way of cooling down on a hot summer’s afternoon.
- A small water-hole in front of the guest house entices wild animals to frequent it.
- On the patio there is a built in braai/barbecue. And should you prefer not to cook there are several restaurants and pubs close by. (For a package deal including full board and excursions, please enquire).
Marloth Bush Retreat Activities:
In or around Marloth Park:
• Mini Golf
• Sunset drives
• Bush walk
• Safari drives in Kruger in open game viewing vehicles
• Lowveld day tours
• Golf courses nearby
• Tiger fishing close by
• Microlight flips close by
• Mozambique day tours
• Elephant interaction and rides close by
• Swazi cultural village close by
• The Kruger Park is a short drive away - or, if you prefer, Kruger Park day tours are available.
Swaziland Day Trips available
Click to display the map
Marloth Bush Retreat, is small enough to feel like a holiday, but large enough to have catered for my family and friends. Will definitely go there again.