Marloth Bush Retreat is a tranquil, comfortable, self-catering thatched hide-away, situated on the southern border of the Kruger National Park.
A wide variety of game and about 300 bird species are found around the Retreat in untamed Bushveld vegetation. The close-up interaction with Africas animals is truly thrilling.
In the evening, lesser bush-babies come within 2 meters of guests. African night sounds of lion roaring, hippo grunting and hyena calling, are part of the bush experience. Most days elephant can be seen feeding in the Crocodile River. Often lion wait here too, watching for prey animals coming down to drink. Leopard are seen from time to time.
This is a bird-watchers paradise. From purple-crested turaco, bearded wood-pecker to blue waxbill, all abound here. The iconic sound of an African fish-eagles call calms even the most stressed soul. For a full bird list, please enquire. Bird guide available.
Facilities at Marloth Park include:
Petrol Filling station - (2km)
Mini supermarket - (1km)
ATMs - (2km)
Mini golf - (1km)
Take-away food - (1km)
Marloth Bush Retreat accommodation
The Lodge accommodates 8 people comfortably in 4 double bedrooms, which are all en suite. Linen and towels are supplied. Please bring your own swimming towels. Two cosy little lounges and wildlife magazines enhance your retreat into the bush. There is a splash pool and DSTV for your private use.
- 24-hour security
- Sundowners by the river
- Visit the adjoining Lionspruit Reserve
- Relax in the hides watching wildlife
- Day or night drives can be undertaken.
- Ceiling fans are installed throughout.
- The kitchen is equipped with microwave oven, double-door fridge-freezer, and all other necessities.
- A splash-pool adjoining the entertainment area is a wonderful way of cooling down on a hot summers afternoon.
- A small water-hole in front of the guest house entices wild animals to frequent it.
- On the patio there is a built in braai/barbecue. And should you prefer not to cook there are several restaurants and pubs close by. (For a package deal including full board and excursions, please enquire).
In or around Marloth Park:
Safari drives in Kruger in open game viewing vehicles
Lowveld day tours
Golf courses nearby
Tiger fishing close by
Microlight flips close by
Mozambique day tours
Elephant interaction and rides close by
Swazi cultural village close by
The Kruger Park is a short drive away - or, if you prefer, Kruger Park day tours are available.
Swaziland Day Trips available
Rooms and Units Available:
Fully equipped for selfcatering
Sleeps 8 Adults
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12
Limited Room Service
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Parking (off-street - open)
DVD and/or VCR
Hiking / Walking Trails
More than two months before arrival: 75% refund
Between one and two months before arrival: 50%refund
Less than one month before arrival: strictly no refund
1. Travel to Nelspruit, Mpumalanga. Pass through Nelspruit and proceed to Malelane on the N4. Pass through Malelane keeping on the N4 to Hectorspruit and Komatipoort.
2. By-pass Hectorspruit and drive on (about 7 km) until you see the Marloth Park sign post. Turn left on to a soon to become gravel road. Travel for 4.5 km to the Marloth Park gate, where you sign in.
3. Travel on Olifant Drive (tar road) for 6.5 km and turn left into Sekelbos Road - proceed to no 2215 Marloth Bush Retreat.
Click to display the map