Maqueda Lodge is an intimate luxury boutique family run game lodge situated in a nature reserve bordering the Kruger National Park.
With exciting game drives and safaris in the big five territory you are likely to spot the most unusual animals of Africa. Enjoy a sunset/night drive in the Kruger National Park with qualified guides or take a long bush walk on the banks of the Crocodile River with a rewarding sun downer waiting for you while you watch the sun set over the Crocodile River overlooking the Kruger National Park, with wild animals all round you getting ready for the night.
Maqueda Lodge is an affordable luxury safari boutique game lodge that is small and intimate in the most beautiful surroundings with the wild bush hugging the entire lodge. The Lodge is family run and is famous for its excellent cuisine and personal and friendly service that will make you feel at home and never want to leave again.
Accommodation at Maqueda Lodge:
We have five luxury en suite rooms that are surrounded by decks and the bush as well as numerous open lounges and dining areas.
The cosy reading room offers guests the opportunity to relax and enjoy a good book. You can also cool down in one of the two splash pools with nature all around you. Breakfast is usually served on the upper deck with its tree house feel and early mornings you have the beautiful songs of birds as your background music.
- Extra length queen size or twin beds doubling as king size beds with white cotton linen
- En suite bathroom with shower
- All amenities you expect in a luxury lodge
- Mosquito screens in front of the windows
Clothing and Accessories:
What to bring:
- Dress completely informally. Neutral colors recommended
- Windbreaker or warm jacket for winter and night safaris
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Swimming costume
- Binoculars, camera, video camera
- Sunglasses, sunhats
Please note that Maqueda Lodge is situated within a Malaria area. It is recommended that guests consult their physicians.
Health and Climate:
Medicine for Africa offers you the most comprehensive information on Malaria.
- Full day safari into the Kruger National Park including breakfast in the Kruger
- Sunset / night drive in the Kruger National Park
- 2 hour drive next to the Crocodile River
- Bush walk next to the Crocodile River and around Marloth Park
- Maputo day trip excluding visas
- Panorama route including Gods Window, Bourkes luck, Pelgrims Rest
- Eco quad bikes
- Swaziland trip
- Massage and other treatments at our on-site Spa
- Bird Watching
- Activities in the Kruger National Park
- Cancellation within 7 days, forfeit 100% of deposit
- Cancellation within 14 days, forfeit 75% of deposit
- Cancellation within 21 days, forfeit 50% of deposit
- Cancellation within 30 days, forfeit 25% of deposit
- Cancellation after 30 days, forfeit 10% of deposit
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Airport Shuttle Service
Special Meals on Request
Parking (off-street - open)
Petrol on site
Tourism Information Desk
Hiking / Walking Trails
Maqueda Lodge is a Guesthouse in Marloth Park Mpumalanga South Africa