is a luxurious desert retreat situated in the private 27 000-hectare (67 000-acre) Kulala Wilderness Reserve the gateway to Namibia`s Sand Sea with its towering dunes and clear starry skies. Desert-adapted wildlife in the area is fascinating and is another dimension of this truly spectacular place.Highlights of Little Kulala:
- Little Kulala offers close proximity and private access (for Wilderness Safaris vehicles exclusively) to the dunes of Sossusvlei
- Explore the dramatic Kulala Wilderness Reserve on quad bike, hot air balloon, nature drive or on foot
- Dining under the sparkling clear Namibian skies is a speciality hereAccommodation at Little Kulala - Classic Camp:
These camps are designed in traditional safari style and are mostly stylish canvas constructions, often raised off the ground on wooden decks. Located in exceptional wildlife and wilderness areas, all offer superb facilities and accommodation. The camps range in size from 3 to 12 tents.
Accommodation consists of 11 climate-controlled, thatched "kulalas" (the word means `to sleep`) which merge impeccably into the desert landscape, each with private plunge pool, both indoor and outdoor showers and a rooftop star bed for romantic star gazing. An elegant entertainment area includes a library, wine cellar, craft boutique, lounge and dining areas. Little Kulalas interiors make use of neutral colours, gorgeous textures and natural light and takes its inspiration from its surroundings, notably from the magnificent Dead Vlei.
This camp combines well with Damaraland Camp
, Desert Rhino Camp
and Serra Cafema Camp
.Wildlife at Little Kulala
Desert-adapted wildlife such as ostrich, springbok and gemsbok eke out an existence and are sparsely distributed around Little Kulala. Larger carnivores, namely spotted and brown hyaena and even cheetah are occasionally present, while smaller creatures such as bat-eared fox and aardwolf can be seen at night in the cool desert air. The dune lark has its entire global distribution limited to the area, so dependent is it on the area`s characteristic sands. A wide range of insects, reptiles and rodents make their home in this arid land; the call of the barking gecko at twilight is the quintessential sound of the desert.Things to do at Little Kulala:
Activities at Little Kulala include exploring the spectacular towering dunes of Sossusvlei as well as other fascinating geographical formations of the region. Guided drives and walks are also offered on the private Kulala Wilderness Reserve.
- Visit to Sossusvlei and Dead Vlei
- Visit Sesriem Canyon
- Nature drives
- Walking trails
- Guided quad-biking
- The Sundowner tour
- Scorpion night walks
- Star bed
- Star gazing
- Balloon safaris
- Horse riding safari
Read more about Namibia Visitors Information
- Should a cancellation be made more than 8 weeks before departure, the non-refundable deposit is forfeited.
- Should a cancellation be made between 4 weeks and 8 weeks, the deposit plus 25% of the price is forfeited.
- Should a guest cancel between 3 and 4 weeks prior to departure, 50% of the price is forfeited.
- Should a guest cancel between 2 and 3 weeks prior to departure, 60% of the price is forfeited.
- Should a guest cancel less than two weeks prior to departure, then 100% of the price is forfeited.