The Lighthouse Farm Backpackers Lodge
is situated on The Oude Molen Eco Village - A Beautiful site on the last remaining farmland in Central Cape Town.
Enjoy a taste of farm style living, with open fields and rivers, spectacular views of The Table Mountain Range and breath taking sunsets Devil`s Peak and Lion`s Head from the front door. The Cape Town City Center is just 10 minutes drive away or easily accessible by train. The local supermarket is within walking distance. A splendid exhibition of Green Energy, a sense of community, urban agriculture and recreation make us the ultimate work/live/play combination.
Humble and Friendly. The Backpackers offers a Home Away from Home Feeling
, where guests become like family.
Whether its a peaceful weekend get-away you are after. Or a full on Backpackers experience. You can get it here.
We have cosy and affordable, self catering Dorm Rooms, as well as comfortable Double Rooms and Family units available. A range of facilities and local attractions will make your stay something to write home about.
Facilities at the Lighthouse Farm Backpackers Lodge:
- Bedding and linen supplied. duvet and pillow
- Each person should bring their own towel
- Cosy television lounge with DSTV
- Book Swap Library
- Internet connections for laptops at R10 per 100 megabytes
- Laundry service R60 per 5kg load washed, dried and folded
- Maps and brochures available
- Secure garden with braai area
- Secure parking area
- Farm village atmosphere with horses to ride and lovely farmstall
- River and large wetland area with lovely view of Devil`s Peak and Lion`s Head
- 5 minute walk to rail link at Pinelands station
- 10 minutes by car on the N1 or N2 highways, from the city and all attractions
- Friendly, helpful staff
Accommodation at the Lighthouse Farm Backpackers Lodge:
We offer a range of accommodation. Our guests include, individual travellers sharing mens or ladies dorms, couples or small families, groups of friends travelling together, small groups with a purpose i.e. church retreats or corporate team building, sports or cultural events, large school groups touring Cape Town.
We also have spacious and cosy dorms and private rooms available for long staying guests at a separate monthly rate.
All accommodation is subject to availability.