Welcome to LeoLapa - where the hippos cover the water and the buffalos cover the rest!
Situated only 400 km from Johannesburg, and nestled on the banks of the scenic Crocodile River, this ten sleeper house boasts five luxurious en-suite bedrooms. Each master suite has an exotic bathroom with bath and shower plus an outdoor shower and private balcony with breathtaking views of the Kruger National Park. Silent air-conditioners and ceiling fans in every room allow for a cooler temperature during the hot months and a view of the river from each bedroom is enjoyed.
Accommodation at LeoLapa:
This self-catering house has a large modern kitchen and scullery featuring all amenities fitted for guest requirements.
The indoor entertainment area includes a lounge with two large, flat screen televisions both with satellite television and PVR, a ten seater dining room suite, a large snooker / table tennis table, as well as an intimate bar where you can enjoy memorable moments with your loved ones.
This spectacular entertainment area opens up onto a large outdoor patio with an infinity pool, outdoor braai and boma where you can watch the wildlife enjoy a splash at the rivers edge.
The house is serviced daily, and our friendly staff is always available to assist in making your stay as relaxing and carefree as possible.
Located in Mjejane Private Game Reserve, a part of the Greater Kruger National Park
Mjejane is a private concession of the Kruger National Park. There are no fences between Mjejane Game Reserve and the park itself and animals do traverse freely. This pristine tract of land along the Crocodile River consists of 4000 hectares of Big 5 territory.
Guests can book an activity through reservations with our private ranger, Muntu. Maximum 10 people per drive. All game drives must be pre-booked and paid for through either of the email addresses above.
These include morning drives, morning walks in our ‘safe walk zone’ (plains game only), mid-day dam drives, sunset drives and early evening drives. Each activity lasts about 2 to 3.30 hours with the walk being about 1.30 hours long. The drives take place on a ten-seater open safari vehicle and guests are encouraged to inform Muntu of any interests such as birds or trees. For coffee stops or sundowner’s guests must please pack their own drinks and snacks.
Please inform us of any special occasions that you might be celebrating.
Gratuities are always welcome and should be paid directly to the Ranger.
Nearby activities include Micro light safaris, elephant socializing, game walks, tiger fishing, golf at one of four neighboring courses including the famous Leopard Creek, horseback safari and excursions to Maputo and Swaziland.
LeoLapa is situated in the Mjejane Game Reserve which is part of the Greater Kruger National Park and is home to the famous ‘Big 5’. Enjoy an early morning or late afternoon game drive on your private open air vehicle, guided by an experienced and enthusiastic game ranger, or cross the private bridge and enjoy your own self-drive in the famous Southern Biyamiti Area most game rich area of the Kruger Park.
Wildlife experiences from your private outdoor patio include daily sightings of hippo, impala, waterbuck, bushbuck and crocodile. Weekly sightings of elephant, white rhino, buffalo, kudu and giraffe can be expected, as well as the occasional spotting of lion, leopard, hyena and black rhino. Recent guests have also been lucky enough to witness crocodile and leopard kills.
For bird enthusiasts, these are a few of the visitors you can expect to encounter: Saddle-billed Stork; Goliath Heron; Purple Crested Lourie, numerous Kingfisher species, African Fish Eagle and many more!
There may not always be protection in the form of fences, building and vehicles in which to take cover in potentially dangerous circumstances and that hazards such as potentially dangerous animals as well as poisonous snakes, spiders, insects and plants may be encountered in the or around the game reserve and/or game lodge;
Serious sunburn and heat exhaustion may result from unprotected exposure, directly or indirectly, to the sun heat.
The Guest is voluntarily using the services and property of LeoLapa and Buffalo Brooke with full knowledge of the inherent risks, hazards and dangers involved and hereby assume and accept all risks of injury, damage and/loss of property, paralysis or death.
The Guest is aware that there is a risk of contracting Malaria, and the Guest takes full responsibility for taking the necessary prophylactic medication to minimize the risk of contracting Malaria.
Welcome to LeoLapa. This is a 5-Star Bush Lodge that offers an Exclusively Luxury Self-Catering Safari Experience in the world-famous area of Kruger National Park. LeoLapa is perched on the scenic banks of one of Africa’s greatest natural landscapes.
All cancellations must be submitted in writing.
Cancellation charges apply, as follows:
- More than two months prior to check-in date: Forfeit 50% of the deposit
- 1 to 59 days prior to check-in date: No refund – the total booking value is forfeit
• All private vehicles are to remain on the Main Road when entering and exiting the reserve.
• All game drives on the reserve are to be conducted by a registered field guide in an RSV. This means that no private drives in a personal vehicle are allowed on the Mjejane Reserve.
• Any animal can potentially get through the electric fence at any time. Please be careful. No jogging or walking around at night is allowed.
• Animal and bird feeding is STRICTLY prohibited. This is a very serious offence and mostly becomes a problem with monkeys, warthogs and baboons who can be a danger to humans. If you feed the animals, they might have to be killed.
• Check in is from 14h00 and until 19h00 and check out time is by 10h00.
• You are requested to always keep volumes low and especially at night.
• This is considered a malaria area and necessary precautions must be taken by guests. Please call for more information and advice.
• The reserve can attract some dangerous critters and guests should please contact management should they encounter any such visitors.
• Speaking of unwanted visitors, Monkeys have become bothersome. Please take necessary measures and keep a careful watch.
• If the reserve rules are not adhered to, guests will be held liable for the resultant fines.
LeoLapa is within easy access from all major centres approximately 4 hours drive from Gauteng, and a mere 45 minutes away from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport with connecting flights from OR Tambo, Cape Town and Durban Airports.
Access to the reserve is gained via the N4, approximately 2,5km past the town of Hectorspruit, on the left side between Malelane and Komatipoort, en route to Maputo and Swaziland. Malelane town has a host of convenience shops, medical facilities and garages less than 10 minutes away, and three major golf courses are between 15 30 minutes drive from Mjejane.
Children of all ages are welcome but must be under adult supervision at all times