Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge is where Mother Nature and guests meet in perfect harmony, located on the slopes of an ancient volcano.
The lodge offers guests all the amenities of an exclusive resort within the malaria-free Pilanesberg Game Reserve - an easy drive of 2 hours from Johannesburg, 3 km from the local airport and a mere 10 minutes from Sun City. This Pilanesberg lodge is perfect for a relaxing and well-deserved holiday or weekend.
- Standard Family Rooms
- Standard Twin Rooms
- Standard Downstairs Rooms
- Executive Twin Rooms
- Executive King Rooms
- Swimming pool
- Boma dinners
- Cocktail lounge and bar
- Tennis court
- Kwa Mount Bar and Lounge
- Bush putt-putt
- Sengwe Souvenirs
- Kwa Baneng Playground
- Business Centre
- Wildlife Centre and museum
- The Hide
The lodge is located in the heart of the Pilanesberg Game Reserve, an easy drive of 175 km from Johannesburg, 2 km from the local airport and a mere 8 km from Sun City.
Legacy Hotels and Resorts International has three of its luxury bush lodges - Kwa Maritane Lodge, Tshukudu Bush Lodge and Bakubung Bush Lodge - situated in the heart of the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park.
Just two hours drive from the hustle and bustle of Johannesburg, this is the perfect setting for a relaxing family weekend away or a corporate conference.
Kwa Maritane offers many exciting ways for you to view the fauna and flora of the Pilanesberg National Park. Engage in the various game viewing activities we offer such as: game drives, game walks, the hide, the deck, the hide camera, bird walks and tree walks.
In the evenings, guests are taken on a game drive. The animals are habituated to the vehicle, so they are used to the vehicle approaching them and know that it never causes them harm. This enables you to get within 5 to 10 metres of the larger predators, even while they’re feasting on a recent kill.
Legacy Junior Rangers programme is available for all children aged 6-12 years. Activities are geared around natural resource protection, environmental education and responsible recreation offering a special opportunity to explore the Pilanesberg National Park. The Junior Rangers Program is available at a small additional cost to parents and usually takes 2 days to complete. On completion of the program, children will be including in a graduation ceremony and will be given a certificate and badges for activities completed.
Executive Twin Rooms
- The ultimate in luxury indulgence, - Two double beds, - En suite bathroom with a shower and bath, - Coffee and tea making facilities, - Nespresso machine, - International plugs, - Hairdryer, - Air conditioning, - Electronic safe, - DStv with selected channels, - Minibar stocked on request, - All rooms have sliding doors leading onto either a balcony or a patio with views of the gardens.
Standard Family Rooms
- Two double beds, - Sleeper couch, - Individual air conditioning, - Bathrooms with a separate bath and shower, - Toilet, - DStv, - Direct dialling telephones, - Electric shaving plugs, - Coffee and tea making facilities, - Hairdryer, - International multi-plugs, - Electronic safes, - Minibars stocked on request
Standard Twin Rooms
- Two single beds, - Individual air conditioning, - Bathrooms with a separate bath and shower, - Toilet, - DStv, - Direct dialling telephones, - Electric shaving plugs, - Coffee and tea-making facilities, - Hairdryer, - International multi-plugs, - Electronic safes, - Minibars stocked on request
Standard Downstairs Rooms
- One King size bed, - Sleeper couch, - Individual air conditioning, - Bathrooms with shower in the bath, - Toilet, - DStv, - Direct dialling telephones, - Electric shaving plugs, - Coffee and tea-making facilities, - Hairdryer, - International multi-plugs, - Electronic safes, - Minibars stocked on re
Kwa Maritane Lodge is located in the heart of the Pilanesberg National Park, an easy drive of 175 km from Johannesburg, 3 km from the local airport and a mere 8km from Sun City.
Directions from Sandton / Fourways:
Travel north along William Nicol Drive to the four-way intersection with Witkoppen Road.
Turn left into Witkoppen Road towards Lanseria/Roodepoort
Turn right at the intersection with Hans Strijdom (Malibongwe) extension on the road towards Broederstroom and Lanseria.
Cross over the Muldersdrift/Diepsloot Road and continue with the R512 towards Broederstroom and Lanseria.
Cross the bridge over the R28 Krugersdorp/Pretoria highway, pass the Lanseria turnoff and continue straight ahead
At the T-junction turn left on the R512 to Magaliesberg
Continue on this road until you see the Sun City signboard on your left.
Turn right on the R512 to Brits and cross the bridge over Hartebeespoort Dam
At the T-junction turn right on the R512 to Brits. Follow directional signs
Continue to the four-way stop and turn left on the R512/27 for Brits/ Rustenburg
Pass the first Brits turnoff. At the signpost R27 Rustenburg/Brits turn right
On the bridge turn left towards Rustenburg
Continue until you get to the slipway to the left. Take the slipway and continue on the new N4 highway (Platinum Highway)
Continue on the N4 highway till you see the off ramp marked Pilanesberg to the left on route 91. Exit highway here and turn right at the T-Junction, continuing along this road towards Sun City (M556)
When you have less than 5km's to go take the right turn towards Kwa Maritane / Mogwase / Pilanesberg Airport. Travel approx 2km's along this road to the Kwa Maritane Gate on your left.
Children can only be accommodated in a Standard room if sharing with one or two adults.
Dinner Bed and Breakfast rate - Children aged 12 years and younger (maximum two children per room) will be accommodated free of charge on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis including one game drive, if sharing with one or two adults. A park entrance fee of R 40.00 will apply to children 12 years and younger. Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R680.00 per child per day for breakfast, dinner and one game drive, if sharing with one or two adults.
Full Board rate - Children aged 12 years and younger (maximum two children per room) will be accommodated free of charge on a full board basis inclusive of dinner, bed, breakfast, lunch and two game drives per day, if sharing with one or two adults. Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R1140.00 per child per day for breakfast, lunch, dinner and two game drives, if sharing with one or two adults.