Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
is where Mother Nature and guests meet in perfect harmony, located on the slopes of an ancient volcano.
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge offers guests all the amenities of an exclusive resort within the malaria-free Pilanesberg Game Reserve - an easy drive of 2 hours from Johannesburg, 3 km from the local airport and a mere 10 minutes from Sun City. This Pilanesberg lodge is perfect for a relaxing and well-deserved holiday or weekend.Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge accommodation
• 90 hotel rooms (1 wheelchair accessible room)
• 54 timeshare chalets (only bookable directly through the timeshare office)
• Curio Shop
• Wildlife Information Centre
• Restaurant & bar
• Medical service on call
• Complimentary shaped internet
Each Studio Twin Room has two double beds and a sleeper couch. To ensure your comfort and convenience, all Studio Family rooms have individual air conditioning, bathrooms with shower and toilet, DStv, direct-dialing telephones, electric shaving plugs, coffee and tea-making facilities, a hairdryer, international multi-plugs and electronic safes. Minibars are available on request.Children Policy:Dinner Bed and Breakfast rate
- Children aged 12 years and younger (maximum two children per room) will be accommodated free of charge on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis including one game drive, if sharing with one or two adults. Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R540.00 per child per day for breakfast, dinner and one game drive, if sharing with one or two adults.Full Board rate
- Children aged 12 years and younger (maximum two children per room) will be accommodated free of charge on a full board basis inclusive of dinner, bed, breakfast, lunch and two game drives per day, if sharing with one or two adults. Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R910.00 per child per day for breakfast, lunch, dinner and two game drives, if sharing with one or two adults.
• Covered Parking
• 2 bomas
• Underground Hide & Webcam
• 2 Swimming pools with baby pool & slide
• 2 tennis courts
• Bush Putt
• Children’s PlaygroundFacilities at Kwa Maritane Bush LodgeWildlife
If it`s wildlife you`re seeking, that`s exactly what you`ll find here at Kwa Maritane. Located deep in the heart of the 55,000 hectare, malaria-free Pilanesberg Game Reserve, Kwa Maritane is the perfect base from which to enjoy the rich diversity of indigenous flora and fauna of Africa - including the Big Five. Our highly experienced field guides will drive you into the Park in the cool air of the early morning or late afternoon to evening when the animals are out and about, to ensure that you won`t be disappointed. Learn about the stunning diversity of fauna and flora, including the Big Five and over 360 bird species whilst you experience the majestic beauty of Africa in all its natural abundance. You can also relax in the game viewing hide, connected to the lodge by a 150m tunnel, and enjoy a front row seat as the animals drink at the waterhole.Spa
Rejuvenate your mind, body and soul in our magnificent Spa. Indulge yourself with treatments such as Thabayadiotso, our signature treatment, or be pampered with a pedicure while watching the game feeding on the plains in front of the Spa. Whether it is a full body massage, in which the masseur uses Mountain Aloe Oil, or a soothing, deep cleansing facial using warm volcanic milk, the professional therapists will simply spoil you. There are four treatment rooms, including one suite suitable for couples looking to share the experience. There is also a manicure and pedicure lounge, a rasul chamber, relaxation area and hydro pool.Meetings and Functions
We specialise in conventions, breakfasts, lunches, seminars, cocktail receptions, dinner dances, banquets, private dinners, product launches and team-building exercises.
• Limited wireless internet connectivity
• Complimentary internet access
• Conference facilitiesDining
Enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner in The Kwa Lefakeng Restaurant, overlooking "The Rock", the waterhole, and the magnificent granite formations, within the park. Our selected buffets and carvery dinners will leave you spoilt for choice as you sample on delicious, traditionally South African fare, such as springbok carpaccio, chicken and coriander salad and seafood hors d`oeuvres. Alternatively you could sample something from the terrace or "in room dining" menus.Children`s Activity Programs
Legacy Junior Rangers programme is available for all children aged 6-12 years. Activities are geared around natural resource protection, environmental education and responsible recreation offering a special opportunity to explore the Pilanesberg National Park. The Junior Rangers Program is available at a small additional cost to parents and usually takes 2 days to complete. On completion of the program, children will be including in a graduation ceremony and will be given a certificate and badges for activities completed.Wildlife Activities
- 1 Complimentary Game Drive per day per adult and children.
- Children aged 12 years and younger will receive 1 complimentary game drive per child per day
- Additional game drives are charged at R450 per adult / R225 per child between the ages of 0 - 17 years.
Game drive times
May / 08h00 or 15h30
June - July / 08h00 or 15h00
August / 08h00 or 15h30
September / 08h00 or 16h00
October - March / 05h30 or 16h30
April / 06h00 or 16h00
Game drives last approximately 3 hours, depending on weather conditions and animal sightings in the park.A Minimum stay of 2 nights over a weekend.The Kwa Maritane Lodge Restaurant
Join us for a full English breakfast until 10h00 for those taking it easy. Our buffet lunch and carvery dinner will leave you spoilt for choice as you sample on delicious, traditionally South African fare, such as Springbok Carpaccio, Chicken and Coriander Salad and Seafood Hors D`oeuvres.
Full English Breakfast: Daily from 07h00 to 10h00
All day terrrace menu: Daily from 10h00 to 22h00
Buffet/Carvery Dinner: Daily from 18h30 to 22h00
At Kwa Maritane you can get the sense of being far away from it all and yet be minutes away from civilization. Our shuttle service will transport you from the Sun City Airport or to Sun City for a small charge in no time.
Kwa Maritane Lodge is located in the heart of the Pilanesberg Game Reserve
, an easy drive of 175 km from Johannesburg, 2 km from the local airport and a mere 8 km from Sun City.
Legacy Hotels and Resorts International has three of its luxury bush lodges - Kwa Maritane Lodge, Tshukudu Bush Lodge
and Bakubung Bush Lodge
- situated in the heart of the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park.
Just two hours' drive from the hustle and bustle of Johannesburg, this is the perfect setting for a relaxing family weekend away or a corporate conference.
For more activities please see Pilanesberg Day Tours
What a wonderful, relaxing stay. The food was phenomenal and the kids were thoroughly entertained by the water slide. Highly recommend this place!
It was an excellent weekend and we had the vhance to see a lot of animals around.You have to look for all animals like birds and smaller one. We saw a lot of them and our visitors from Germany have been very happy going back with a lot of pictures. The accommendation was perfect. We put it in our list to come back.
We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. We were surprised when two beautiful Elephants came up close to the dining area of the Lodge and rustled the bushes and had some water. As quietly as the appeared they moved away. Unbelievable. The game drive was lovely and our guide was really good and followed up by the evening braai - an experience to be remembered. Our only negative was that there was only one serving point for the meals and this became congested at times. Nevertheless, thanks is due to all the staff.