This historical old Victorian house, built in 1890, was first used as Mine Offices and during the South African War as a mess by the British troops. It was in possession of the Wormal family for 50 years, and in 1996 it was converted into a guest house.
Situated in a "kloof" on the slopes of the Mkhonjwe Mountians, overlooking the town of Barberton and the De Kaap valley, our guest house with its spacious veranda provides an opportunity for relaxation.
The house is in walking distance from the centre of town as well as the various tourist attractions, such as the Jock of the Bushveldt Monument, Belhaven Museum, Fernlea and Stopforth House as well as the Block House, which was used during the South African War.
With one double bedroom-en suite and two twin rooms both en-suite, we can accommodate 8 people with ease.
Nearby hiking trails, game viewing, heritage walk, 4x4 drives and museum tours. Contact us for more info!
One double bedroom-en suite: A very spacious room which can accommodate up to 3 persons. The bathroom is very spacious with a shower and a bath.
Two twin bedrooms (2 single beds), both with en-suite bathrooms: Each of the two twin bedrooms open on the broad veranda where one can relax irrespective of the weather.
Take the first turn-off into Barberton. Continue in this road(General Street) until Pilgrim Street. Turn left in Pilgrim Street. Go over President Street and past the parking area on the right. Turn up into the street after the parking area, then turn into White Street which lead into Kloof Street. We are situated at No. 1 Kloof Street.