Ivory Lodge - Lion Sands Game Reserve, situated in the Lion Sands Game Reserve, has been built on the banks of the Sabie River with magnificent views, extending onto the open sand banks of the Kruger National Park.
Weve taken our cue from Mother Nature to create a lodge built of the earth, with natural materials which will only enhance the surrounding bush environment. The timeless design incorporates steel, wood, thatch, glass, water & sand. A sophisticated mid-century architectural contemporary theme defines the interiors, with bold furniture and edgy dcor, ambient lighting, inferences of tribal design and highly textured finishes all of which combine to make Lion Sands Ivory Lodge an utterly sensory experience.
Ivory Lodges interiors reflect an elegant balance between intelligent design and an organic expression of the earth. Light, sound, flow, wood, water and air weave into the golden thread of the lodges architectural inspiration.
Despite being well grounded, there is an otherwordly quality to Ivory Lodge, represented by the feather. Each of the Villas takes its name from an indigenous bird, and spectacular man-sized prints find pride of place throughout the lodge.
Accommodation at Ivory Lodge - Lion Sands Game Reserve:
- Ivory Lodge comprises of 8 Single Villas, and 1 Double Villa (Fish Eagle Villa)
- All Villas occupy an elevated position overlooking the perennial Sabie River
Lodge facilities include:
- a lounge
- dining and relaxation space
- with an expansive wooden deck overlooking the Sabie River
- an Africology luxury spa and gym
The Villas at Ivory Lodge
- Each of the 8 Villas has been designed for privacy and optimum appreciation of the surrounding wilderness.
Each Single Villa has:
- Master bedroom with bathroom en-suite
- Double volume wardrobe area
- Outdoor shower in an indigenous garden
- Private lounge area with fireplace
- A private pool and expansive viewing deck, as well as a covered patio
Fish Eagle Villa at Ivory Lodge:
The Double-Suite Villa is comprised of two private Single Villas, connected by an entrance hall, lounge and study.
Accommodates a maximum of 6 people in two bedrooms (4 adults and 2 children).
The Fish Eagle Villa also has:
- An expansive deck and covered patio, with pool
- A private fire deck
- A star jetty for private enjoyment of the natural environment and vivid Milky Way above
- A private spa with double treatment room, and thoughtfully equipped gym facility
- Personal Chef and Butler
Booked on an exclusive basis, The Fish Eagle Villa comes with its own private landrover, as well as separate access for game drives.
Game drives, in open safari vehicles, head out each day at sunrise and again in the late afternoon. Lion Sands natural animal population includes the Big Five, and the reserve is especially renowned for the quality of its leopard viewing the most elusive of predators. With exclusive traversing rights on both Lion Sands Sabi Sand and Kruger Park sections, guests are assured a truly intimate safari experience. A maximum of 16 vehicles are allowed out on the reserve at any one time, and the number per sighting is also limited. This ensures the animals feel at ease and guests are able to spend more time with them, observing their natural behaviour.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Includes: a hot beverage or sundowner stop in a scenic spot to purely appreciate being in the bush and in the moment
- Children 10 years and older are welcome on the twice-daily game drives
- Children of all ages are welcome on private game drives*
These are our after-breakfast walks on the wild side. Guests are immersed in the bush, rather than just observing it. All five senses are engaged, as they feel scrub crunch beneath their feet, touch the velvety acacia seed pod, hear the crack of a branch indicating they are not alone, and spot big game at eye level exhilarating! Our expert guides will tailor walks to each of our guests area/s of interest, focusing on mammals, birds, insects, plants, geology, etc.
- Duration: 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on guests fitness levels
- Children under 16 years are not permitted on the bush walks
- Guests over 60 years must present a medical certificate of good health
- Guests should wear: neutral-coloured clothing; comfortable walking shoes; a hat; sunglasses; and sunscreen
- Guests should bring along: a lightweight dry mac jacket; camera/smartphone; and binoculars
Access to Lion Sands Game Reserve:
The driving time from Johannesburg to Ivory Lodge and River Lodge is approximately 5 hours. Should you choose to drive, we recommend
staying over a night at any of the mountain or country lodges along the Panorama Route to ensure you arrive at us fresh the next morning and
ready for a spectacular safari experience.
60 - 31 days prior to arrival - 25% cancellation fee
30 - 0 days prior to arrival - 100% cancellation fee
Facilities & Services available:
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Bar on the Premises
Fireplace on the Premises
Parking (off-street - covered)