Houdenbek Farm Cottages - Houdenbek is a restored National Monument and offers self-catering accommodation on a working fruit and vegetable farm in the well known Koue Bokkeveld. It is an affordable family retreat, a mere 60 km from Ceres and 200 km from Cape Town.
This is a picturesque area, nestled in the rugged Skurweberg mountains, lending itself to a hype of outdoor activity or merely the perfect scene and peaceful weekend away. The cottages sits in the shade of huge old oak trees, ensuring your stay will be soothing, full of natures freshness and birdsong.
Accommodation at Houdenbek Farm Cottages:
There are three options of accommodations:
Houdenbek Camping is a private campsite that caters for one party at the time. The campers will have total exclusivity.
This is a cozy cottage which sleeps 4 people and has two bedrooms (one with double bed and one with two single beds).
This is a lovely cottage which sleeps 2 to 6 people. It has a double bedroom downstairs and loft bedroom with 4 single beds.
Tons of Amazing Activities:
- Heiveld Arch trail 4 hours and rock paintings and old road trail - easy 1.5 hour circle route
- Rock climbing for the more energetic (32 sport climbing routes from grade 15 to 26 and some trad routes)
- Mountain Biking (Routes range from 10 km to 40 km, mostly single track)
- Scenic drives and views (Spectacular routes include Katbakkies Pass, Skitterykloof, Cederberge and Middelberg Pass)
- 9 Hole putt-putt course
- Sandrivier Dam (Ideal for swimming at own risk)
- Birdwatching (Diversity of bird species and fynbos)
- 50% Deposit required to confirm booking
- No cheques or credit card facilities.
- Strickly no pets.
- Minimum of 2 nights stay over weekends.
- Public holiday long weekends minimum 3 nights stay Firewood available.
All visitors to Houdenbek Farm Cottages do so on their own risk and the owners cannot be held responsible for any loss, theft, injury to persons, possessions and vehicles. Arrival time is at 2 pm. Check out time at 10 am. Late check-out is possible. Please make necessary arrangements.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Fireplace on the Premises
Communal Satellite TV
Houdenbek Farm Cottages is a Self-Catering, Caravan park and Guest Farm in Ceres Western Cape South Africa