Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp
is scenically located in a broad valley at the confluence of two tributaries of the dry Hoanib River in the northern part of the private Palmwag Concession. Its location thus straddles the Palmwag area and the iconic Skeleton Coast National Park, in one of the most remote areas of the Kaokoveld. Highlights of Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp:
- Vast, remote, isolated wilderness offering excellent viewing of Namibias distinctive desert-adapted wildlife
- Diverse activities showcase spectacular scenery, unexpected oases and enormous sand dunes
- Seal colonies that line the endless dramatic shores of the Skeleton Coast are a fascinating sightAccommodation at Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp - Classic Camp:
These camps are designed in traditional safari style and are mostly stylish canvas constructions, often raised off the ground on wooden decks. Located in exceptional wildlife and wilderness areas, all offer superb facilities and accommodation. The camps range in size from 3 to 12 tents.
The camp consists of seven large tents and one family unit, each comprising stylish en-suite bedrooms with shaded outdoor decks. Flanked to the east and west by rugged hills, the camp looks out over stunning, starkly beautiful scenery and offers guests all the luxuries and amenities for an unforgettable stay.
This camp combines well with Damaraland Camp
, Desert Rhino Camp
and Serra Cafema Camp
.Wildlife at Hoanib Skeleton Coast:
Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camps location close to the Skeleton Coast and within the true Namib Desert is home to a rich diversity of wildlife, boasting the Kaokovelds best viewing of desert-adapted wildlife and access to vast, remote and isolated wilderness.
Almost miraculously it seems, in this stark environment, enormous elephant thrive along with giraffe, lion and brown hyaena. Gemsbok (oryx), springbok, steenbok, scrub hare, and inquisitive ground squirrel are also seen. Entirely different to the rugged mountains and valleys inland, the Skeleton Coast hosts Cape fur seals in their thousands along with black-backed jackals and brown hyaena.
Birds are equally diverse, with regular endemics like Rppell's korhaan, Benguela long-billed lark and lark-like bunting. Towards the coast, the bird community changes and tractrac chat can be seen, as well as jaegers and skuas found around the seal colonies.Things to do at Hoanib Skeleton Coast:
A diverse range of activities showcase the fascinating landscapes of the northern Palmwag Concession and the Skeleton Coast including the wildlife within these areas.
- Game drives
- Nature walks
- Skeleton Coast excursion
- Day trips to Desert Oases
- Interaction with wildlife researchers
Read more about Namibia Visitors Information
- Should a cancellation be made more than 8 weeks before departure, the non-refundable deposit is forfeited.
- Should a cancellation be made between 4 weeks and 8 weeks, the deposit plus 25% of the price is forfeited.
- Should a guest cancel between 3 and 4 weeks prior to departure, 50% of the price is forfeited.
- Should a guest cancel between 2 and 3 weeks prior to departure, 60% of the price is forfeited.
- Should a guest cancel less than two weeks prior to departure, then 100% of the price is forfeited.
Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp is a Game Lodge in Skeleton Coast Namib Region Namibia