Experience the somewhat different rural lifestyle and German hospitality on a Namibian farm.
Hakos Guest Farm offers accommodation in seven guestrooms, all of them with a private bathroom and shower. The tariffs include full board and lodging in a friendly and restful atmosphere with cosy evenings around the campfire or indoor barbeque area. The incomparable view over the Hakos mountains is complemented by a hearty meal including local venison which is our speciality.
The Hakos Mountains are an interesting and mystical geographical feature being the only folded mountain range in Namibia. You will find an undisturbed nature on farm Hakos.
The opportunity awaits amateur geologists to discover million years of earth`s history on the farm and on the edge of the desert
Near the farm you will find the majestic Gamsberg. We undertake 4x4 tours to the summit of the Gamsberg Plateau where you will enjoy an unforgettable view from the top of Namibia`s third-highest mountain.
- Hakos is the perfect place to enjoy the stars and planets under an extreme dark and transparent sky. Our astronomical observatory with an roll-off roof houses mirror and lens telescopes an a heavy mount with automatic tracking. If you are willing to bring your own equipment you are invited to do so.
- 4x4 tour of the farm is a highlight.
- You can test your vehicle and driving skills to tackle trails at all levels of difficulty.
- The vast paths of the farm invites you to good long walking tours.
- We guarantee a lot of impressive photo taking opportunities from the various 4x4 and walking trails on the farm.
- You can make use of our indoor swimming pool.
135 km from Windhoek on road C26 to Walvis-Bay on top of the Gamsbergpass.