Foxwood House is an elegant boutique hotel on two and a half acres of lush gardens in Houghton, Johannesburg. It is a haven of tranquillity and old-world charm close to the business districts of Sandton, Rosebank and the Johannesburg CBD.
The suites are large and luxurious. The larger suites comprise a bedroom and living-areas. All have satellite TV featuring a large variety of channels.
Excellent cuisine can be enjoyed in the private or public dining areas in The Villa, an historic homestead, or on the patio under the oaks.
A modern complex offers a conference venue spilling out onto a pool area and large lawns, and the Nelson Mandela room for smaller meetings.
The theater is intimate, ideal for plays, musical evenings or corporate presentations.
There is ample parking in the gardens, excellent security inside and outside and competent, friendly staff to assist and advise visitors.
Romantic suite consisting of separate lounge/dining area, bedroom, king size bed, full bathroom, dressing room & private patio.
Spacious suite. Dining area, study, bedroom, bathroom and private patio. Double/ single/ twin occupancy.
The John Oates Suite
Stately multi-roomed suite upstairs in the historic villa, king size bed plus single bed in living room.
The Pearl Oates Suite
Double or Single Occupation with queen size bed. A charming and intimate bedroom upstairs in the historic villa.
Mary Oates' Suite
Spacious Bedroom with full bathroom en-suite. Double, twin or single occupancy. King size bed converts to 2 twin beds.
Merrilyn Oates' Suite
Cosy bedroom with spacious en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet. King size bed suitable for double, single or twin occupancy.
Onze Rust: Colin's Suite
Colin's Suite in the sun-filled Onze Rust wing, has a king size bed, exquisite furnishings & leads into a private garden.
Stables Suite No. 1
Cosy room leading onto a covered veranda. En-suite bathroom with spacious, shower. Queen size bed and exquisite furnishings.
The Coach House
Character luxury suite leading out onto a fountain terrace. Full en-suite bathroom. King size bed and period furnishings.Stables Suite No. 2
Bedroom leading onto a covered veranda. En-suite bathroom with spacious shower. King size bed, exquisite furnishings.
Please note that we are on the Rosebank / Killarney side of the M1 Highway.
Fifth Street intersects 11th Ave and Glenhove Rd.
* If You are Travelling South on the M1 Highway:
- Take Glenhove off-ramp. Turn right at the top of the off-ramp to cross the highway. Once you have crossed the highway, at the next traffic light, turn left into Fifth Street.
- Proceed towards the end of Fifth Street. Foxwood House is No. 13, on your right hand side.
* If You are Travelling North on the M1 Highway:
- Take 11th Ave off-ramp (or Glenhove, if you missed 11th Ave - the directions are the same from this point). Turn left at the top of the off-ramp. (Do not cross the highway)
- At the next traffic light, turn left into Fifth Street. Proceed towards the end of Fifth Street. Foxwood House is No. 13, on your right hand side.
* If You are on Oxford Road, Travelling South:
- Proceed South along Oxford Rd with Rosebank behind you and turn left into 11th Avenue. (The very next traffic light after the big Glenhove/ Oxford Rd intersection).
- Proceed down 11th Avenue, and at the next traffic light, turn right into Fifth Street. (Before crossing the M1 Highway). Proceed towards the end of Fifth Street. Foxwood House is No. 13, on your right hand side.
* GPS Navigation:
When entering the street address into a satellite navigation device, be sure to type in both the words "Fifth Street" and not merely "5th" or "Fifth", in the field designated to street name.
(Houghton has a number of road names that are numbers, and it is important to enter the word "Street" afterwards, to avoid being directed to Fifth Avenue, which is fairly nearby.)