Have you been wondering what has been going on in the Lowveld while we were in Lock-down?
Well, the grass is growing, the flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, the lions are roaring.
It’s winter in the Lowveld - the most perfect climate for sight-seeing the beautiful Panorama Route and visiting the nearby Kruger National Park.
Chestnut Country Lodge - find us just outside Hazyview, gateway to the Southern Kruger National Park and the magnificent Panorama Route .
We would love to welcome you to stay with us and offer you a choice of either a Standard Room or a fully air conditioned Luxury Suite. Prices include Bed and Breakfast. A 3 course table d’hote dinner is available at an additional cost. Free wi-fi is available throughout the property and the rooms.
Magnificent expansive views of the Sabie Valley so come and relax and enjoy a cup of coffee on our terrace or end your day with a glass of Prosecco and we will take care of you.
We are only 30 minutes away from the Kruger National Park, but also an hour scenic drive from the Panorama tour along the Blyde River Canyon, with sights such as God’s Window and 3 Rondavels that should not be missed.
The Moholoholo Animal Rehabilitation Centre, as well as the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre are both Just under a 2 hour drive from us, north of Hazyview.
Chestnut Country Lodge is ideally situated to the many adventure activities available in the area. From Abseiling to Ziplining, we have it all within a 10 kms radius of the Lodge.
Game Drives into the Kruger National Park can be arranged from the Lodge.
Booking is recommended. Ask us about rates and availability.
Should the booking be cancelled within:
- 28 to 21 days prior to arrival: 25% of total B&B accommodation becomes due
- 21 to 14 days prior to arrival: 50%
- 14 to 7 days prior to arrival: 75%
- 7 days or less prior to arrival: 100%
- Travel North along the N1 (Ben Schoeman Highway) towards Pretoria. Before Centurion Park (at Vivo Breweries), take the off-ramp to Pretoria East/Pietersburg.
- Continue along this highway passing Pretoria until you see the N4 Witbank turn-off to your left. Take the N4 Witbank turn-off and travel along the N4 past Witbank and Middleburg.
- Once past Middelburg you will eventually see the signs to Belfast - take the Belfast turn-off to your left. Follow signs through the towns of Belfast to Dullstroom, Lydenburg and then on to Sabie via the Long Tom Pass.
- If it is not misty, you will enjoy spectacular views along the Pass. Travel through Sabie and at the T-Junction at the top of town, turn right and continue to travel straight out of Sabie (R536) to Hazyview.
- The road winds quite a bit and is very beautiful. Travel for approximately 35 kms. You will pass a tarred road going right signposted Kiepersol do not turn - continue past.
- Take the next Kiepersol turn-off to your right which is approximately 10-15 kms on from the first Kiepersol road this is a(untarred)dirt road.
- A landmark just before our road is a little green and white farm produce stall called PATS STALL on your right hand side - our road is about 500ms past Pats Stall to the right.
- There is also an official brown signpost indicating Chestnut Country Lodge right. Travel up the (untarred) dirt road for approximately 2.7 kms the road is not always in good condition, especially in our summer, due to heavy seasonal rains so drive carefully.
- You will soon see the entrance to Chestnut Country Lodge on your left hand side. Welcome you have arrived safe and sound!!
We have 8 standard rooms with twin or queen size beds, 4 luxury rooms with twin beds and the Chestnut suite with a king size bed and outside shower.
All the units are decorated in the country cottage feel, with tea and coffee making faculties as well as a mini bar to keep your drinks and snacks cold.