Chestnut Country Lodge situated in the beautiful Kiepersol district, 10 kms from Hazyview offers friendly hospitality and fine accommodation and dining.
Set on 50-hectares of indigenious bush-land, the Lodge has 12 tastefully decorated en-suite rooms or Suites, each with their own patio on which to enjoy the spectacular valley views.
Breakfast & Dinner is available each day with the emphasis on using fresh herbs and seasonal produce in a country-style cuisine.
The area is famous for the Panorama Route including the spectacular Blyde River Canyon and 3 Rondawels, along with Bourkes Luck Potholes and Gods Window and the many waterfalls in the Sabie & Graskop area.
A visit to one of the 2 Elephant Sanctuaries nearby is a must to learn more about these majestic animals. Adventure activities nearby include the Aerial Cable Trail, a gentle adventure of a scenic balloon flight or enjoy horse-riding, quad-biking, river rafting, or a Safari into the Kruger National Park in an open vehicle.
Experience the nearby Shangana Cultural Village where the Evening Festival will delight the senses with singing, dancing & story-telling. For the golfers, our area offers a number of first class golf courses. We look forward to welcoming you.
The Lodge offers 7 double or twin-bedded en-suite bedrooms.
The Lodge also offers 4 very spacious Luxury Suites which include a comfortable and elegant lounge area. The large covered patios enjoy spectacular views down the Sabie Valley. The large en-suite bathrooms have separate shower and bath.
The Chestnut Suite, is ideal for Honeymoon couples or for a romantic getaway. The bathroom comprises a Large corner bath for 2, His & Her Hand-basins and a privately enclosed patio with an outside shower.
Each room has been decorated individually and combines excellent taste and elegance. The Lodge offers accommodation for up to 24 guests.
* Please note we regret no children under 12 years of age.
Chestnut Country Lodge is ideally situated to the many adventure activities available in the area. From Abseiling to Ziplining, we have it all within a 10kms radius of the Lodge.
Game Drives into the Kruger National Park can be arranged from the Lodge.
Booking is recommended. Ask us about rates and availability.
- Travel North along the N1 (Ben Schoeman Highway) towards Pretoria. Before Centurion Park (at Vivo Breweries), take the off-ramp to Pretoria East/Pietersburg.
- Continue along this highway passing Pretoria until you see the N4 Witbank turn-off to your left. Take the N4 Witbank turn-off and travel along the N4 past Witbank and Middleburg.
- Once past Middelburg you will eventually see the signs to Belfast - take the Belfast turn-off to your left. Follow signs through the towns of Belfast to Dullstroom, Lydenburg and then on to Sabie via the Long Tom Pass.
- If it is not misty, you will enjoy spectacular views along the Pass. Travel through Sabie and at the T-Junction at the top of town, turn right and continue to travel straight out of Sabie (R536) to Hazyview.
- The road winds quite a bit and is very beautiful. Travel for approximately 35 kms. You will pass a tarred road going right signposted Kiepersol do not turn - continue past.
- Take the next Kiepersol turn-off to your right which is approximately 10-15 kms on from the first Kiepersol road this is a(untarred)dirt road.
- A landmark just before our road is a little green and white farm produce stall called PATS STALL on your right hand side - our road is about 500ms past Pats Stall to the right.
- There is also an official brown signpost indicating Chestnut Country Lodge right. Travel up the (untarred) dirt road for approximately 2.7 kms the road is not always in good condition, especially in our summer, due to heavy seasonal rains so drive carefully.
- You will soon see the entrance to Chestnut Country Lodge on your left hand side. Welcome you have arrived safe and sound!!