Welcome to the new Cheetah Plains Private Game Reserve
Featuring exclusive-use, contemporary, luxurious bushveld houses, each comprising of a main house with private guest suites. Each house boasts 2 lounges, dining areas, outdoor boma, wine cellars and heated swimming pool as well as a private game viewing vehicle & designated field guide for the duration of your stay. Named after 2 of Sabi Sand’s legendary leopards, and a dominant lion coalition the three luxurious bushveld houses are named “Mvula”, “Karula” and “Mapogo” respectively.
Offering guests unrivaled game viewing opportunities, combined with the ultimate in innovative architectural design by ARRCC, the finished lodge promises exceptional safari luxuries, amenities and services. As a fully inclusive seductive safari experience… all meals are prepared by your private chef as well as carefully chosen wines from your own wine cellar, twice-daily game drives and a private spa therapist as well as a central gym facility, all included in our rates.
Accommodation at Cheetah Plain Private Game Reserve:
Your journey to Cheetah Plains will enrich and invigorate your soul.
Each house is comprised of luxurious private guest suites.
These King-bedded suites feature private decks, dressing rooms and lounges, double rain showers & baths overlooking the splendid African bushveld.
Featuring exclusive-use, luxurious bushveld houses, each comprising of a main house with private guest suites. Each house boasts 2 lounges, dining area, outdoor boma, wine room & heated pool.
The King-bedded guest suites each have their own private deck, dressing room, lounge, double rain shower & bath overlooking the splendid African Bushveld.
Offering guests unrivaled game viewing opportunities, combined with state-of-the-art architectural design, the finished houses promise exceptional safari luxury of the highest standard, complete with private game viewing vehicle, designated field guide, gym and spa therapist.
All meals – prepared by private chef – as well as specially selected wines and beverages, twice-daily game drives and access to a variety of exclusive facilities are included in our rates.
We highly recommend a minimum of 3 night’s stay at Cheetah Plains Private Game Reserve in order to get the full benefit of our spectacular South African Safari experience and hospitality.
Exclusive-Use Luxurious Bushveld Homes
- Mapogo House
- Mvula House
- Karula House
- Two lounges (a formal lounge and an entertainment lounge)
- Dining area.
- Outdoor boma for fire-side dining.
- Temperature controlled wine cellar.
- Heated swimming pool.
- Day-bed and private deck area.
- Indigenous gardens and spectacular views into the surrounding natural bushveld.
- Private game viewing vehicle as well as designated professional field guide and tracker.
- Private chef and butler for the duration of your stay.
- Each of the exclusive-use luxurious bushveld homes accommodates a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 guests.
- The interlinking suite at Karula is disabled- friendly.
Private Suite Features
- King-bedded bedroom.
- Private mini bar & coffee station.
- Private deck with day-bed.
- Dressing room.
- Double rain shower.
- Bath overlooking the bushveld.
- Accommodates a maximum of 2 guests per suite.
- Especially for families with young children, 2 of the suites interlink so parents are close by, but not in the same bedroom.
- All meals are prepared at the house by private chef.
- Twice-daily game drives in your private game-viewing vehicle with your on-site field guide.
- Game drives include a sunrise / sunset stop and stargazing.
- A selection of vintage South African wines, Cap Classiques, premium spirits, beers, non alcoholic beverages, tea, coffee, still and sparkling water.
- In House Spa Therapist
- Use of onsite Gym
- Outdoor, fireside dining as often as possible.
- Transfers between Arathusa airstrip and Cheetah Plains are included when flying with FedAir / Airlink / Private Charter.
- 15% VAT
- A mandatory Sabi Sand Guest Conservation Contribution (charged per person per night) will be levied to all bookings.
- Transfers to and from Cheetah Plains, other than from Arathusa airstrip as listed above.
- Escort after dark from the reserve gates.
- Gratuities and all other incidental costs.
- Emergency medical evacuation, travel insurance and travel cancellation refunds. (It is compulsory that guests have sufficient travel and medical insurance to cover any unexpected incidents)
- Sabi Sand Reserve entrance fees, which will be charged (in cash) at Gowrie Gate. (Reserve entrance fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Modern Architectural Design
The vision was for the interiors of the villas is to seamlessly blend in with the natural surroundings, enhancing the safari experience of the guests. A calm and distilled palette with natural materials were carefully chosen to create a minimalist interior inspired by African elements.
Combinations of raw, rich timbers and fabrics with patented metals were used to create a contrast in textures; bronze and gold accents adding subtle hints of luxury in a discreet way.
Soft and elegant linens were paired with chunky weaves, including Karakul and Mohair wool rugs. For the art and objet, ARRCC collaborated with South Africa’s leading local and up-and-coming artists as well as established craftsmen to create a completely unique and authentic experience embodying ‘African minimalism’.
Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Renowned for Big Five game viewing, the Sabi Sand Game Reserve lies adjacent to the south-west corner of The Kruger National Park, with which it shares a 50-kilometer boundary.
There are no fences between the two reserves, allowing game to move freely between the areas and, as a result, the reserve offers some of the most exceptional wildlife in southern Africa.