Blue Jay Lodge offers Luxury Game Lodge style accommodation in Hazyview, Mpumalanga either self catering or bed and breakfast.
Nestled in a magnificent subtropical estate and close to the game-rich southern section of the Kruger National Park, Blue Jay Lodge offers luxury accommodation surrounded by indigenous trees in a spectacularly private setting filled with the sights and sounds of over 80 strikingly colourful bird species.
Your hosts, Phil and Margi Nichols look forward to welcoming you and ensuring that your stay at Blue Jay Lodge will be truly memorable.
Relax on your own private verandah or cool off in the secluded rimflow pool whilst sipping refreshing drinks and watching the birdlife amongst the trees.
As Blue Jay Lodge is centrally located in Hazyview, Mpumalanga, on the edge of Kruger National Park, an early morning game drive is within easy reach. Phabeni Gate is a mere 10 minute drive away and Kruger Gate a 30 minute drive away.
The wonders of the Lowveld Panorama sights such as Gods Window, Blyde River Canyon, Bourkes Luck Potholes, The Pinnacle and Pilgrims Rest are all within day trip tour distance from this very central location.
Please note only accepting children 14 years and older.
Numerous activities, for both the adventurous as well those seeking something more sedate, are available within close proximity to Blue Jay Lodge.
- Kruger Park Big Five
- Skyway Trails
- Horseback riding
- Quad-bike trails
- River rafting
- Microlight and balloon flights
- Guided nature and birding walks
- Cultural experience.
- Take the N12 to Witbank and onto the N4 to Nelspruit (from Pretoria, take N4 through Witbank to Nelspruit).
- At Nelspruit, take the R40 through White River and onto Hazyview.
- Take the R40 into Hazyview Centre
- Turn right at the second set of robots into Portia Shabangu Rd towards Kruger Gate
- Continue straight over turning circle as well as the next stop street (Shopping Centre on your right hand side)
- You will pass Kruger Park Lodge (KPL) on your left hand side
- After KPL at the 4 Way Crossing turn left into Albatross Street (The road sign is not visible)
- Continue along Albatross past the Caf, Bush Burgers Take Away
- Turn Right at Stop Sign at the end of Albatross into Tarentaal Road
- Turn Left into Eagle Street
- Turn Left into Blue Jay Lane
- Continue along Blue Jay Lane till you see the Lodge Sign on your left.