For an authentically unique place to stay, look no further than Alte Kalköfen Lodge
. The Old Lime Kiln
Lodge is arguably one of Namibia`s best kept secrets.
Situated between Namibian towns of Keetmanshoop and Luderitz, the lodge is the perfect central base for planning trips to surrounding attractions like the famous Fish River Canyon. Rich flora also calls all intrepid botanists (and novice onlookers alike), to come and marvel at the natural beauty of this region.
The Lodge is well known for its fascinating collection of Lithops (Cole Lithoparium), also known as Flowering Stones
. We proudly host the biggest registered collection of Lithops in Namibia.
Accommodation at Alte Kalköfen Lodge:
The Accommodation at Alte Kalköfen overlooks the Gurib river bed and the endless desert beyond.
- 8 x Twin rooms with en-suite bathrooms and outdoor cold-water shower.
- 1 x Family room. Two twin rooms, interlinked. One room has an shower and the other room a bath. Both rooms also have outside cold-water showers.
- 1 x Twin en-suite room with indoor bathroom and shower plus an outdoor cold-water shower, sitting room, kitchen and braai facilities.
- 1 x 2 Room unit with 2 beds in each room, bathroom with shower and bath, sitting room, kitchen and braai facilities.
Camping in the Nambian desert is a luxury in it`s own right. There are so many stars in our skies that only when your tent is pitched, your camp chairs are positioned around the fire and you sit back and look up, that you experience the true magic of Namibia. The most recent addition to our accommodation options at Alte Kalköfen Lodge are our campsites and camping facilities to allow you to experience the beautiful night skies at their best and wake up to the spectacular views over the Gurib desert river bed from the comfort of your very own campsite.
Points to note:
- We have three separate campsites located within easy reach of the main lodges facilities
- Each campsite can accommodate up to a maximum of 6 people.
- Our restaurant, the swimming pool and our famous Cole Lithoparium desert plant collection are also available to campers to enjoy