Steynshoop Mountain Lodge
is an exclusive and intimate guest lodge with understated and elegant interiors, reminiscent of a private guest house. 4 Star Country House accredited by SA Tourism grading council.
This unique lodge, an hour’s drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria, falls within a world heritage site and boasts unparalleled views of the Magaliesburg.
Guests have access to a kilometer of the magnificent range on the estate for walks and hiking.
WiFi facilities available.
Facilities at the Lodge:
- Swimming - a 22 m rim-flow pool and sun loungers on the pool terrace with its spectacular views.
- Walking and hiking - a variety of walks on the estate from 2 – 4 hours, including mountain hikes.
- Crouquet lawn
- Boules court
- Tennis – all weather, floodlit tennis court - 2 km from Steynshoop Mountain Lodge.
- Bird watching - prolific bird life and guests are provided with a complete bird spotting checklist.
- Library - well-stocked bookshelves in the loft with a variety of interesting books.
- Television lounge - satellite television.
- Conference room - fully equipped for small groups - 12 delegates
Enjoy a pre-dinner drink at the private pool, terrace lounge or boma – all positioned to enjoy the most spectacular sunsets and vistas. The gourmet dinners are prepared with flair and personal attention with unmistakable hints of South African flavour complimented by a selective local wine menu.
Drift off to the sounds of the African bush and awaken with the chorus of birds. If you wish to discover tranquility with superior service Kashan Country House is a rare find.
Regrettably no children.
No day visitors.
Accommodation at Steynshoop Mountain Lodge:
Steynshoop Mountain Lodge offers nine en-suite rooms, ranging from standard to luxury, all offering special comforts and extra attention to detail:
- Standard Rooms are all with double bed and en-suite shower with valley or mountain views. Some rooms with shower and bath.
- Air-conditioners in all rooms as well as DSTV and DVD Players.
- Luxury Rooms all with King size extra length bed with en-suite shower and bath and with valley or mountain views. Some rooms with outdoor shower and private patio.
- Regrettably no children.
Beautiful location. Service excellent. Staff friendly, unobtrusive and efficient. Food, very good. Rooms pleasant and perfectly adequate, but need soundproofing. Overall very good value for money.
Great views, great hospitality, rooms spacious and very comfortable, food was brilliant.. excellent hiking opportunities.
Steynshoop Valley Lodge is a luxury, child friendly, self-catering lodge, beautifully situated on an elevated site in the scenic Magaliesberg valley, near Hekpoort. It has superb views of the magnificent mountain range and of the valley.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Situated nearby the Sterkfontein caves and the Cradle of Humankind along the Magalies Meander offering 21 comfortable en suite twin rooms and a venue for a conference, wedding or functions.
per person sharing
Explore the Magalies Meander when you stay at The Farm House Hartebeestfontein. This intimate and secure cottage is in the Hartebeestfontein Conservancy and is the ideal location from which to explore the array of local attractions.
per person sharing