Shakati Private Game Reserve is hidden away on the lush banks of the Mokolo river in the deep heart of the untamed Waterberg bushveld paradise. Near Vaalwater and only 2 hours drive from Pretoria.
Time spent at Shakati Game Reserve is about getting away from city life, work, traffic and stress. It is about peace and tranquillity, clean fresh air and clear skies. It is about being quiet and listen to the jackal calling at night, to the paradise flycatcher singing in the morning. It is about seeing and walking with the animals, touching the fruits of the bush willow -and wonder about nature.
Shakati offers you a small luxurious safari lodge with 3 fully equipped self-catering chalets and a private braai / lapa area accommodating 12 people comfortably and 18 at maximum. The complex also has a beautiful lush garden, swimming pool and separate guest lounge.
Shakati Game Reserve boasts:
- River frontage, rocks & ridges, spectacular views and large indigenous bush and savannah areas.
- Plenty of wildlife - Giraffe, Zebra, Kudu, Gemsbok, Hartebeest, Eland, Waterbok, Blesbok, Warthog, Impala, leopard, Jackal, Porcupine etc. Due to the absence of Elephant and Lion it is safe to walk around in the reserve.
- Prolific birdlife – one of the highest bird diversities in the Waterberg.
- Guided game drives and night drives in safari vehicle, guided or unguided walks etc., Hunting camp with hunting at neighbouring areas
Facilities & Services:
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - covered)
- Communal Television
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
Three self catering chalets: 2 bedrooms, lounge with TV plus 2 beds, kitchen, bathroom, verandah and private braai area. Sleeps max 6 per chalet. The entire complex (max 18 persons) can be rented at a discounted rate. Please enquire for 3/4 day midweek specials.
Shakati Game Reserve Activities:
* Birding - one of the bird richest areas in Waterberg.
* Fishing - enjoy fishing in the reserve river - or just have a swim.
* Game drives - morning or evening/night drive in a open safari vehicle.
* Star gazing - the clear, unpolluted sky of Waterberg provides some of the finest and brightest star watching opportunities.
* Bush walks - go on a self guided or guided bush walks to feel and touch the wildlife and flora.
Shakati Game Reserve Map:
Shakati Game Reserve Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 2
nice clean and basic, will def use the place again
Rating: Reviewed by grant hampson over a year ago
Baie lekker plek. Dis gesellig geriewe is uit stekend bestuurder Otto Is baie behulp saam. Sal weer soontoe gaan . Sal die plek vir enige iemand aan beveel wat lief is vir die bos. Julle is tops.
Rating: Reviewed by rina kruger over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Shakati Game Reserve:
Accommodation options within 8km from Shakati Game Reserve include:
Come and discover the real African bushveld at Rock Lodge Vaalwater, just 2 hours drive from Gauteng in the beautiful malaria free Waterberg area of Limpopo.
Secluded, peaceful, amazing bird watching! (170 species recorded to date!). We offer 3 newly renovated stone & thatch cottages each with own private braai-boma. There is a natural swimming pool overlooking the mountains.
per unit, Max: 3