Experience tranquil Victorian living at the beautifully restored John Montagu Guest House
, only 2 hours drive from either Cape Town or Oudtshoorn - an ideal retreat away from the hustle and bustle of city life and in the fruit and wine bowl of the Cape.
Centrally situated in a quiet street in the picturesque town of Montagu, it comprises five luxury en suite bedrooms each uniquely decorated.
Montagu is surrounded by the magnificent panorama of the Langeberg and is world famous for its healing hot mineral springs, historic buildings, exquisite mountain scenery, tractor rides to the summit of the Langeberg mountains, hiking trails and muscadel wines.
John Montagu Guest House is within easy walking distance to restaurants and our historic village offering you off-street parking and a swimming pool.
Accommodation at John Montagu Guest House:
We offer five beautifully furnished en-suite bedrooms each uniquely decorated in a Victorian style. There is a choice of double or twin beds.
Each bedroom has a unique character in terms of linens and colour co-ordination. No effort has been spared to make each guest feel at home.
Smoking outside only.
Facilities and Services:
Breakfast is served in the sunny dining room overlooking the pool. Enjoy a breakfast of fresh fruits, home made breads, scones and muffins, but a full English breakfast is always available.
Relax in the comfortable lounge browsing through the many books on display. Or on sunny days and warm evenings splash in the beautiful beach pool in the rear garden. Or sip a cooling drink in the poolside bar.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Pets only by Arrangement
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Special Meals on Request
- Wine Tasting
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Dining room
- Cots available
- Internet Access
- Tourism Information Desk
- Parking (off-street - open)
John Montagu Guest House Activities: Activities in and around Montagu:
- Montagu has become renowned for its wonderful year round climate and Hot Mineral Springs.
- Vineyards abound and red and white muscadel is considered to be the area`s specialty.
- Enjoy visiting our two museums, one specializes in herbs, the other in the history of the town. Or walk round the town and see the many National Monuments.
- Stroll in Joubert Park, which is the entrance to the Nature Reserve and starting point for most of the walks and trails.
- The town boasts over thirty National Monument houses, two of which are utilized by the Museum society.
- Many of the gardens in the centre of town still have small apricot orchards, which give a wonderful display in spring.
- The Nature Garden is a must for lovers of indigenous plants especially in spring, you may use the hide to observe the bird life. Many artists and craft workers have chosen to settle in Montagu.
- Their work is on view at the museum, the three art galleries and the monthly Craft Markets held in the town.
- Informative guide maps for the trails, historic houses and Kanonkop Hill are available from the Tourist Bureau.
John Montagu Guest House Map:
John Montagu Guest House Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 4
Nice old Victorian guest house. Nice and cosy. Warm welcome from host. Even upgraded our booking. Thanks Nice breakfast.
Rating: Reviewed by Caleb Jacobs over a year ago
Fantastic place for relaxing and to get away from hustle and rut of the city. Tranquil surroundings and beautiful rock pool for relaxing . Best of all was meeting and chatting to other guests .Mauveen is a very warm person and made us feel welcome and offered coffee even if we only booked room only. Perfect host. Will definitely use them again. Only 3min away from hot springs. Already recommended them to friends. Thank you for a nice weekend. Doereya Beydon
Rating: Reviewed by Doereya Beydon over a year ago
We enjoyed it so much, we will come back! We were welcomed by a wonderful host, Kathi! She is amazing, she gave life to this place, is pleasant and make you feel at home from the moment you walk in. Thank you so much!
Rating: Reviewed by Cornelia van Velden over a year ago
Pleasant, comfortable room. Excellent breakfast. Friendly owner and staff.
Rating: Reviewed by Derek Gowlett over a year ago
Other Accommodation near John Montagu Guest House:
Accommodation options within 8km from John Montagu Guest House include:
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
The property is centrally situated in Montagu. Offering 3 large comfortable ensuite B&B rooms; a self catering cottage that sleeps 6, and a smaller self catering unit that accommodates 4 people.
Enjoy this picturesque village with its hot mineral springs just outside of town. It offers a hands-on healing experience not to be missed! And neither should we be missed - country elegance, space and service, with an unbelievable atmosphere
per person sharing
Relax in total privacy while enjoying our spectacular mountain views. Just below Kanonkop and just above the town centre of Montagu, still within walking distance, Mountain View Lodge in Montagu is almost completely concealed from the street.
per person sharing
This gracious, turn of the previous century home welcomes you with its charm and style. Experience warm hospitality, and the many comforts of spacious elegant bedrooms.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Montagu Four Seasons offers three luxury units in a lovely private setting in centre of town. The cottages are in walking distance from our famous historical monuments (museums) and wide range of old architectural buildings as well as Restaurants.