Experience tranquil Victorian living at the beautifully restored John Montagu Guest House, only 2 hours drive from either Cape Town or Oudtshoorn - an ideal retreat away from the hustle and bustle of city life and in the fruit and wine bowl of the Cape.
Centrally situated in a quiet street in the picturesque town of Montagu, it comprises five luxury en suite bedrooms each uniquely decorated.
Montagu is surrounded by the magnificent panorama of the Langeberg and is world famous for its healing hot mineral springs, historic buildings, exquisite mountain scenery, tractor rides to the summit of the Langeberg mountains, hiking trails and muscadel wines.
John Montagu Guest House is within easy walking distance to restaurants and our historic house offers you off-street parking and a swimming pool.
Accommodation at John Montagu Guest House:
We offer five beautifully furnished en-suite bedrooms each uniquely decorated. There is a choice of double or twin beds.
Smoking outside only.
Facilities and Services:
Breakfast is served in the sunny dining room overlooking the pool. Enjoy a breakfast of fresh fruits, muesli and yoghurt or a full English breakfast.
Relax in the comfortable sitting room reading or watching DSTV. Alternatively, splash in the pool on sunny days and warm evenings or have a drink under the lapa.
Activities in and around Montagu:
- Montagu has become renowned for its wonderful year round climate and Hot Mineral Springs.
- Vineyards abound and red and white muscadel is considered to be the area's specialty.
- Enjoy visiting our two museums, one specializes in herbs, the other in the history of the town.
- Stroll in Joubert Park, which is the entrance to the Nature Reserve and starting point for most of the walks and trails.
- The town boasts over thirty National Monument houses, two of which are utilized by the Museum society.
- Many of the gardens in the centre of town still have small apricot orchards, which give a wonderful display in spring.
- The Nature Garden is a must for lovers of indigenous plants especially in spring, you may use the hide to observe the bird life.
- There are three art galleries and a Saturday morning market held in the town.
- Informative guide maps for the trails, historic houses and Kanonkop Hill are available from the Tourist Bureau.
- Less than 7 days, forfeit 100% of the deposit
- From 8 to 14 days, forfeit 75% of the deposit
- From 15 to 21 days, forfeit 50% of the deposit
- From 22 to 28 days, forfeit 25% of the deposit
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Disabled (wheelchair friendly)
Pets only by Arrangement
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Parking (off-street - open)
Tourism Information Desk
John Montagu Guest House is a Guesthouse and Bed and Breakfast in Montagu Western Cape South Africa