Situated on the N6, only 60km south of Bloemfontein, Reddersburg's history is linked to that of the Reformed Church community. This town had its beginning as a new Dutch Reformed parish on the farm Vlakfontein bought for 1500 pounds for that purpose on 20 August 1859. The village was laid out two years later and named Reddersburg, the name of the town related directly to the Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Until 1894, when the municipality took over, the town was run by the church. Among the bylaws was a prohibition of profane language and disturbances of the peace. Those who fell foul of these regulations were given eight days to leave town.
ObeliskCommemorating General de Wet (1854 - 1922), the Boer general who captured an entire British column at Reddersburg during the Anglo-Boer War.
Anglo-Boer War MemorialDedicated in particular to fallen soldiers from the Reddersburg district.
Civic MonumentA commemoration of Boer victims of the Anglo-Boer War.
Mosterthoek BattlefieldThe Boers overwhelmed the British forces and on 4 April the white flag was hoisted here.
Reformed & Dutch Reformed ChurchesTwo sandstone churches grace the town centre. In one of them an Anglo-Boer War powder magazine can be seen.
Republic MonumentA monument originally erected to commemorate the country becoming a republic.