The Kruger Park offers a wide variety of accommodation in the form of restcamps, Bushveld Camps, Bush Lodges and also private Luxury Lodges. The accommodation varies not only in size, facilities and visual appearance, but also in price range.
Please refer to Kruger Park Accommodation Types to view the different types of selfcatering units which are available in the various restcamps. Or view Kruger Park Accommodation for all options.
All the major restcamps have electricity, a first-aid centre, a shop, barbecue and communal kitchen facilities, a laundromat/laundry tubs, a restaurant and/or self-service cafeteria, public telephones and a petrol station.
Information centres manned by information staff are at Letaba, Skukuza and Berg-en-dal.
Rest Camps listed from South to North:
- Berg-en-Dal (equipped for paraplegics)
- Malelane (satellite camp)
- Crocodile Bridge (equipped for paraplegics)
- Pretoriuskop (equipped for paraplegics)
- Lower Sabie (equipped for paraplegics)
- Skukuza (equipped for paraplegics)
- Satara (equipped for paraplegics)
- Tamboti (satellite camp) (equipped for paraplegics)
- Olifants (equipped for paraplegics)
- Balule (satellite camp)
- Letaba (equipped for paraplegics)
- Mopani (equipped for paraplegics)
- Shingwedzi (equipped for paraplegics)
- Punda Maria
Bushveld camps provide luxurious accommodation in smaller, more remote restcamps. Bushveld camps do not have shops or restaurants. Access to all bushveld camps is restricted to overnight visitors with reserved accommodation.
- Bateleur - situated on the banks of the Mashokwe Spruit approximately 40km south west of Shingwedzi
- Biyamiti - situated on the bank of the Mbiyamiti River
- Shimuwini - lies on the banks of the Letaba River, at the Shimuwini Dam.
- Sirheni - nestles on the edge of Kruger's Northern Plains within the Mopane Veld of the region.
- Talamati - lying on the banks of the N'waswitsontso River, is in a good game viewing region.
A bush lodge is an exclusive, private lodge with a unique style and atmosphere providing the opportunity for tourists to enjoy complete privacy, as it can only be reserved by one party at a time and must be reserved en bloc.
There are no shops or restaurant facilities, but fully equipped kitchens, gas braais and barbecue facilities.
- Boulders Bush Lodge can accommodate a maximum of 12 persons at a time.
- Roodewal Bush Lodge can accommodate a maximum of 19 persons at a time.
The luxury 4 and 5-star lodges are situated on private concessions within the Kruger Park and reflect the romance and elegance of the past colonial era employing highly qualified field guides who offer Big 5 walks and off-road viewing of large game:
- Jock Safari Lodge
- Singita Lebombo Lodge
- Lukimbi Safari Lodge
- Imbali Safari Lodge
- Rhino Walking Safaris
- Shishangeni Private Game Lodge