Whalesong Guest House is situated on the Elephant Coast in the heart of the exquisite St Lucia World Heritage Site between Lake St Lucia and the Indian Ocean.
St Lucia is unique in that it is the only private village in the world that is surrounded by a world heritage site (natural wilderness). This unique village provides the visitor with flexibility, comfort and freedom to come and go with ease.
Come and experience our friendly environment where our intention is to ensure you have a pleasant and relaxing experience. We offer five spacious air conditioned bedrooms and the en suite bathrooms are luxurious. Tea and coffee facilities are provided.
Our delicious full English breakfast may be enjoyed in the dining room or on the sun drenched patio. Relax and enjoy sun downers by the pool or on the peaceful terrace at the end of the day.
Large screen satellite television is provided in the lounge.
In our large garden we have a swimming pool and a lapa with braai (barbeque) facilities. Secure off road parking is available.
We are less than 1 km from the estuary, beach, shops and restaurants. We strive to be as eco-friendly as possible in line with the local environment. Our aim is to leave you with treasured memories of your stay with us.
Accommodation at Whalesong Guest House:
Luxurious and spacious en suite room with king size bed or three singles, air conditioning, room safe with tea and coffee tray. Opens out onto a private patio with views over pool area and tropical garden. Perfect for honeymooners or guests looking for something extra. Modern and stylish designer bathroom with shower and bath.
Spacious room with either king size bed or three singles, luxurious en suite with bath and shower, air conditioning, tea and coffee tray. Own private patio.
Beautifully styled room, Queen size bed with en suite bathroom with shower, air conditioning, tea and coffee tray. Own private patio.
Queen size bed, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, air conditioning, tea and coffee tray. Own private patio.
Family unit with queen size bed in main bedroom. Leading off the main bedroom is the children`s bedroom with a single bed and bunk beds (one on top of the other) and caters for three children. There is a small lounge and an en suite bathroom with a shower and separate bath.
Clothing and Accessories:
Beach towels and snorkel gear can be borrowed on request.
* Boat cruises on St Lucia estuary to view the hippos, crocodiles and numerous birds
* Seasonal whale watching
* Seasonal marine leatherback and loggerhead turtle laying and hatching tours
* Game viewing in iSimangaliso Wetland Park
* Trip to Cape Vidal, swim and snorkel in the sea which is protected by a reef
* Visit the Big Five Hluhluwe-Imfolozi game reserve. There are 6 additional game reserves in the area.
* Night game drives
* St. Lucia is a bird watcher's paradise with 526 species between the coastal dune forest and the wetlands
* Daily launch tours on the St. Lucia estuary to view the hippos and crocodiles
* Crocodile farm
* Deep sea, beach and estuary fishing
* Self guided walking trails in the forest and the bush
* Kayaking on the estaury
* Cultural village tours
* Golf and tennis at Monzi
* Scuba diving at Sodwana
- Cancel on arrival or during stay - the full payment due may be levied.
- 0 to 30 days full deposit is forfeit.
- More than 30 days 25% of deposit is forfeit plus transfer costs if applicable.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Parking (off-street - open)
Tourism Information Desk
Communal Satellite TV
Whalesong Guest House is a Guesthouse and Bed and Breakfast in St Lucia KwaZulu-Natal South Africa