Whale Watchers Inn is a guest house situated in one of South Africa’s most beautiful and unspoilt seaside resorts, Witsand - overlooking the magnificent San Sebastian Bay.
The Inn is situated 100 metres from the beach and is within walking distance of the mouth of the Breede River.
As Witsand is only a 3 hour drive from Cape Town and 2 hours from George. Just half way between Cape Town and Knysna, it is a welcome stop on your Garden Route tour.
From here our guests are within easy reach of the Malgas Pont, De Hoop Nature Reserve, Swellendam, the Bontebok Park, Barrydale, Ashton, Robertson Wine Route and Montague before moving onto the greater Garden Route area.
Witsand has one of the largest collections of whales during the whaling season which is from June to the end of November.
Guests can watch from the comfort of their room or the balcony of the guest house, as the whales bring their babies into the breakers right in front of us.
Witsand is a wonderful, unspoilt seaside resort which offers the following attractions:
- Safe bathing
- Rock and Surf Angling
- River Angling
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Snorkel Diving
- Spear Fishing
- Whale Watching
- Water skiing
We have pleasure in being able to offer our guests the following accommodation:-
- Four sea facing en-suite double rooms two with double beds and two with twin beds.
- One non-sea facing en-suite double room with twin beds.
- Two sea facing family units comprising of an en-suite double room, lounge/dining room with two divans in this living area and a fully equipped kitchenette corner. Both units sleep four.
- One open plan family unit with kitchenette and bathroom and sleeps four. These self-catering units are fully equipped and serviced daily.
- Our rooms are all fitted with Televisions.
- Visit our new “Garden Cottage” - which consists of an en-suite double room and living room with view on to the garden and a sea-view.
- Two beds in living room, television and kitchenette corner, fully equipped and serviced daily.
Protea Road, Witsand